Search the forum,

Discuss Corner cuts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Never had this before but got pulled up by a customer this week for my corner cuts not being the same size as my grout line spacers, it threw me bit as never been asked the question before so didnt really know what to say apart from that's how I've always done it.. I was using 3 mil spacers and when coming to a corner cut was measuring the tile cut then knocking 5 mill off which obviously gives a 2mm gap to the corner...having said that if I was using 2mm spacers I would knock 4mm off..
what's everyone else do??

S

Sean SML Tiling

Well once it's sealed you won't see the different sizes. Tell them the jobs not finished.

S

Spare Tool

I just couldn't give a definitive answer to the customer so thought I'd ask what everyone else thoughts on this were..I only tend to silicone the corners on studded walls where there's likely to be a little movement, I usually grout plasterboard on block work corners and run my finger down the grout in the corner to make it all look even...

R

Russell brown

Tell them it's within trade tolerances, haven't got a clue if it is or not but 1mm? Are they kidding?. I always silicone the internal corners

W

WetSaw

If they saw it before grouting or if you're using a contrasting colour grout the difference is more obvious.

S

Spare Tool

Did think he was ok when I started on Wednesday,ran through all layout options etc. and thought he seemed a nice chap...then Friday morning he hits me with that. This was only a small cloakroom toilet, starting the big wet room Monday but things like this play on your mind, hate feeling like your works being scrutinised after you've packed in for the day..

Reply to Corner cuts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen