Currently reading:
Corner cuts

Search the forum,

Discuss Corner cuts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Never had this before but got pulled up by a customer this week for my corner cuts not being the same size as my grout line spacers, it threw me bit as never been asked the question before so didnt really know what to say apart from that's how I've always done it.. I was using 3 mil spacers and when coming to a corner cut was measuring the tile cut then knocking 5 mill off which obviously gives a 2mm gap to the corner...having said that if I was using 2mm spacers I would knock 4mm off..
what's everyone else do??

S

Spare Tool

Are your corner cuts the same size as you straight cuts?

If they are then I don't see a problem... if there is more of a gap to the wall with the corner cut than with the straight cut then I can see it stands out like a sore thumb......I make sure all my cuts have the same gap to the wall then silicone..
Yes Andy I knock the same amount off to floor, ceiling, windows etc. grouting it in the morning so hopefully he,ll find nothing to criticise once it's actually finished..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Yes Andy I knock the same amount off to floor, ceiling, windows etc. grouting it in the morning so hopefully he,ll find nothing to criticise once it's actually finished..

I would tell him to wait till it's finished before he starts picking hole's. ....know what you mean though. ....hate it when customers start criticising your work before it's finished. ..

S

Spare Tool

This has made me think im glad im busy and can't give you a hand, had enough of awkward customers to last me the rest of the year in the first 2 months of 2015 [emoji36][emoji36]
...I was hoping to pass the wetroom onto you while I spent all week getting my grout lines perfect..so just how busy would you be if I mentioned the gay bar :sofahide: :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Corner cuts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement