Discuss Cement Board in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Hi all, someone was telling me today that they have seen a cement board that has superior strength than ply that can span joists, anyone heard of it or is it a myth?

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Don't know Steph ile take a look, whats the Hardie one called IHB cant see it on there website but I can only get there American site for some reason

S

Stef

There was a video kicking about of the Hardie one a while back but I've never seen or used it...

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Just found it on there website its called Hardiefloor definitely the way forward but I bet no one stocks it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
My supplier has 25mm NMP that can go straight onto joists and then tile on, just at prototype stage as yet

I

Ian

Ctd are stocking the 25mm hardie now, I'm sure that's what I was told when I was in there last. Comes in 2.4x0.6m lengths and another smaller measurement if I recall correctly.

C

charlie1

Hardie is a bit of a pain to deal with and I have moved back on to plywood just now, would imaging 22 mm hardie would be virtually impossible to work with.

I

IHB

Hardie is a bit of a pain to deal with and I have moved back on to plywood just now, would imaging 22 mm hardie would be virtually impossible to work with.

I think the advice is lots of PPE, a circular saw, outside with a strong wind blowing. Sounds like a lot of fun.

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies boys, must admit ive never had a problem cutting any cement board, so whats the answer? new products like cement boards or stick with ply which has stood the test of time and much cheaper?

C

charlie1

I think the advice is lots of PPE, a circular saw, outside with a strong wind blowing. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Yes for the pep but no for circular saw mate, the blade will just burn. I'd check what hardie recommend for cutting. I do have concerns about the safety of this stuff tbh

Reply to Cement Board in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley