Search the forum,

Discuss Can you tile a shower & grout the same day? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikedavey

They are described as RAPID SETTING TILE ADHESIVE & POWERED WALL TILE GROUT - WATER RESISTANT

F

Fekin

Just a basic pointer, a product that does 2 completely different things will do them both to an average degree, and a product that only does one thing will\should do it much better.

If you are working for yourself then seriously, buy trade materials and not jo public B&Q\Wicks brand items, and your jobs and customers will be better off for it in the long run, and just price accordingly, as saving just a few quid can seriously damage your reputation if your materials don't stand upto the jobs you are doing, it might say they will do the job, but the rest of us don't use them for a reason.

Sorry if I sounded like I was getting at you, that was not the case mate.

Good luck :)

S

scottish tiler

aye m8 you can tile it then grout it npz just check that the tiles have set b4 you start grouting, you dont need to buy powderd adhesive either as a tub of sticky wil do fine

G

grumpygrouter

It is my understanding the Wickes materials are made for them by a very reputable company anyway, though I can't remember who.

Only grout the same day if you use powder addy, not ready mixed, and also you are assuming you will get it finished in one day, being your first job, it may take longer than you think!

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Grumpy

M

mikedavey

Thanks for all your feedback...........

Well i guess i've cocked up my first job because i didn't prime the walls before tiling. They are freshly plastered walls. I used rapid adhesive on all 10 splashbacks.

I did use prime on the wall ready to tile the corner shower for monday, although it wasn't WP1, i was recommended this stuff from FOCUS, it was for plaster but seemed to be primer you would use prior to painting only.!!!???

So tell me how long will my splashbacks stay on for? Not long i fear.

Guess i won't get any more work from this guy again................Pity as he gets a lot of work.

:mad2:

Reply to Can you tile a shower & grout the same day? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen