Search the forum,

Discuss Building a full height boxing at end of bath for niches in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Ricky D

Sounds like personal preference here. And we're not taking the brunt of the mrs not liking something so man up and decide yourself haha

Haha no the missus has NO input whatsoever, this is a full house refurbishment and i've already learnt from our kitchen not to let her get involved! The walls, stairs, floors, garden etc was easy, I've never had a blank canvas to start a bathroom before.

We pulled out the old one, all back to brick and floorboards, put the bath and toilet in and then the last few weeks have been hard work trying to get it right

It's on my head and im actually struggling as I want to get it 100%!

R

Ricky D

Guys bit of a curveball

IF I didn't go for this boxing with niches, and did go right across with a piece of granite what are your opinions? Especially ideas for the back wall incorporating a mirror and some sort of storage?

Am I better off with this boxing and niches or would a wall mounted cupboard etc be a better shout?

Just after some ideas of what you guys would do personally if it was your bathroom

P

p4ulo

What about a whole wall of mirrored wall cabinets, or a huge mirrored cabinet above the sink and leave the rest of the walls.....and extend the "worktop" from sink all the way along the top of the bath to end wall....somewhere for the missus to put her bath candles and her glass of wine then.....(they all love a bit of that!!)

R

Ricky D

IMG_8312.JPG

R

Ricky D

Guys

It's been a while!

Was hoping to get the whole bathroom finished before I posted pics, however, thanks to your previous good advice, please see the previous pics showing works complete to the niches. I'm really happy with them.The lighting in the niches is led strips in a 'tray' that runs along the top in a recess, the driver (which as previously pointed out is pretty much a consumable) has been fitted in the ceiling so if it ever fails can easily be replaced.

Anyway...reason it's not finished is that after this was completed a few months ago I started on other things (restoring a car that's also taking much longer than expected!) and re-decorating the house.

So now I want to get the bathroom complete, and would appreciate all your honest advice/opinions.

- The floor looks crap now, it is a porcelain slate-effect tile and I want to change it - any recommendations in terms of colour and patterns (eg 3/4 bond, lay them straight, square tiles etc)

- The worktop and window sills are a bit bleak, they are black quartz, do you think if I got the floor re-done it would look better? (there is a sample tile on the floor under the sink that I am considering) Or do you think I should change the worktop sill? What are your opinions on these?

- I want to move the sink over to the right an inch or 2 so worktop will probably need replacement anyway

Basically what would you guys if this was your bathroom in terms of making the floor and worktops 'work'?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Building a full height boxing at end of bath for niches in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen