Search the forum,

Discuss Best Tile Adhesive 2010 - Popular Tile Adhesive Companies In The Uk in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

Y

YourTiler

I use Mapei as it's in great supply in my area but I don't rate it highly as (and it might be me) I seem to have issues with it and the grout,

I just don't like it. I use Bal or Nicobond when I can

K

kaharrison9

Start of the year was using the Mapei range but now use Benferleaderflex and Benferflex C2 S1 for everything.
Cannot be beaten on price for their specification and also is a 25kg bag.
I try to keep it simple one adhesive for everything,even on splashbacks.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
pretty much Mapei all the way for me. Have used BAL grouts a couple of times and hate them (customer already purchased). Ultra stuff is quite good

M

mrct

Granfix is the only wall adhesive I know that does not slip too much and is good value for money too, I love it. Been using Dunlop on floors but have discovered Ultra RS20 ....its much better and cheaper too !

A

activetilingLtd

tubbed weber fix plus for walls for me used to use bal but prefer weber and its cheaper.

for floors i use mapei rapid flex cement based adhesive.

B

bootsmckiber

Same as always,Mapei,never had a problem with it and its readily available,the technical support line is second to none.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
:lol:

I think Colin from Creative Marketing (BAL's external marketing guys) think we're doing something dodgy with the poll: Are BAL Losing Market Share? | Tile News

Interesting comments from him.

Can't be more transparent than we have been for the last 5 years though and BAL seemed to love it when they came out top. He seems to suggest TW actually does get used too which we all know isn't the case.

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

Oooo Sour grapes.. For all Bal readers who think it is fixed.. all names of voters are logged to prevent marketing or employees from voting from any adhesives companies etc.

This poll has ran for a few years now and this is the first year Bal are not top.. read back through this thread and take in what your users have to say Bal.. only you can do anything about it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think BAL have a cloudy view on what's going on in the real world. : Are BAL Losing Market Share? | Tile News

They seem to think the poll doesn't reflect market share, and called us and / or the poll a "beauty contest" even though in 2007 they boasted their success in the poll they won.

So do they like the poll or not? :lol:

Last edited:

Reply to Best Tile Adhesive 2010 - Popular Tile Adhesive Companies In The Uk in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen