Search the forum,

Discuss Best Deal Supplier's in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Just have floor ones which get used on wall, couldn't see the point of two hehe
Or am I just being tight :)
Nah....ur just being tight! Haha
There is a fair bit of difference, only reason I got wall ones cos I'd lent my floor ones out so needed another pair, so as I was wall tiling.....haha
I find both useful in both situations.
They're only a few quid, u've just saved that on 3000 clips! Haha

H

hmtiling

How do you guys find the system to work on thick stone? Say 20mm dense limestone. Is there enough strength in the clips?
Never used any before but i've got a job coming up where i think they'll be needed. going to make an order from that italian website Julian posted, would you guys go with the Raimondi pliers and block system or all block?
Ta!

O

Old Mod

How do you guys find the system to work on thick stone? Say 20mm dense limestone. Is there enough strength in the clips?
Never used any before but i've got a job coming up where i think they'll be needed. going to make an order from that italian website Julian posted, would you guys go with the Raimondi pliers and block system or all block?
Ta!
There are extra long clips a available for materials over 20mm
Regular clips have 20mm limit.
I still think the Rubi system is the best I've used, however, the new genisis system works on a similar principle and I'm told it's comparable to Rubi's.
With a slight advantage in that the straps are slightly stronger, but then I like the feed back I can get thro the Rubi system when u tighten the straps, you can actually feel then stretch to capacity.
But one thing is for sure Harry, what ever u use, make sure it has a mechanical tightening system. (Pliers)

H

hmtiling

There are extra long clips a available for materials over 20mm
Regular clips have 20mm limit.
I still think the Rubi system is the best I've used, however, the new genisis system works on a similar principle and I'm told it's comparable to Rubi's.
With a slight advantage in that the straps are slightly stronger, but then I like the feed back I can get thro the Rubi system when u tighten the straps, you can actually feel then stretch to capacity.
But one thing is for sure Harry, what ever u use, make sure it has a mechanical tightening system. (Pliers)
Cheers Marc

Reply to Best Deal Supplier's in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen