Discuss bal rapid set flexi fibre onto ply......... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

scottie

prime or not ?

the bag says no and so does the fact sheet but it just seems odd to me as up untill now ive been using topps own flexi with sbr on ply

D

Dumbo

I would prime . Phone bal and ask if it detrimental to prime I doubt they will it is . If you get someone who says it is ask them to explain why , this is when they have stop reading of the spec sheet and speak to someone higher up the food chain .

S

scottie

thanks for the replies, to muddy the waters further ive found the BAL guide to priming,,,,,,,,,,,

https://www.*****************/blog/a-guide-to-priming/

S

scottie

Overboard the ply!

i did start to look into this but the cost and availability at short notice is putting me off, will need to go round some places and get prices etc

and then...... do you prime the boards before tiling or not,,,,,,,,,lol

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If your overboarding with tile backer board, not absolutely necessary, if not, l would clean boards with a damp sponge to remove any dust particles.
However don’t see the harm in using a dilute solution of SBR, it’s what l would do.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Quite a few adhesive manufacturers state not to prime some surfaces before tiling when using certain adhesive......

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Do you not overboard ply then @Brian the Tile
No i dont overboard
Do you not overboard ply then @Brian the Tile
No i don't overboard, now lets see how may say i don't know what I'm talking about, you don't need me to tell you all you can tile on ply just ask the adhesive manufacturers then you can all tell them they don't know what they are talking about either ,to some on here experience counts for nothing,don't know how i have managed all these years ha ha ha

Reply to bal rapid set flexi fibre onto ply......... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks