Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Anyone Watching Diy Sos Tonight? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

StevieBoy

As title, I like watching this to see what the tiling is like. Trouble is, they don't show any of it long enough to tell.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I know a builder who worked on this for a day and he said it was chaos! Apparently he was boarding a bedroom ceiling in the rain as part of the roof was still missing!

S

StevieBoy

Just seen the two royals on it painting over wet plaster. Can't get my head around that, but I understand it is the norm nowadays.

O

Old Mod

As title, I like watching this to see what the tiling is like. Trouble is, they don't show any of it long enough to tell.
Do you have the ability to record or pause the tv Stevie?
I just watched it actually, it was run of mill stuff, but I did quite like the use of the timber effect planks in the shower!
That idea seems to be catching on lately!

S

StevieBoy

Do you have the ability to record or pause the tv Stevie?
I just watched it actually, it was run of mill stuff, but I did quite like the use of the timber effect planks in the shower!
That idea seems to be catching on lately!

Yeah can do that mate - never thought to though.

I must have been making a cuppa when that bit was on

O

Old Mod

Well u can always watch it on catch up then eh mate,don't forget part two next week! ;)
I'm ex military, as are a few others here!
Stuff like that can be hard to watch!

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I actually thought about volunteering until I was informed it was over the road from the council stadium of Manchester, The Etihad to you southerners, or the emptyhad to you united fans. Oops off topic. What do points make?
Can Dan do a poll of football teams supported or has it been done, it'd be handy to know who to block or avoid

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Very emotional and touching and also eye opening that it takes a TV program to help our very own military personnel ,who literally fought life and limb for our country.
They can pay for dossers with 10 kids who can't be atsed working and they can pay for asylum seekers or 'refugees' to come and live rent free in our country ,yet they can't look after these lads and lasses,kinda gets my goat

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I missed this! Too much going on at the moment.

I volunteered but in the end couldn't commit. If it's anything like it suggested to be then brilliant.
MPs and government should be bloody ashamed if themselves and how they treat veterans and current serving forces.
Two big thumbs up to Nick and the huge team behind him that really do pull off amazing work.

Painting over plaster etc etc. Nevermind picking at the details. The work GETS done by warm hearted volunteers. A large majority of people that volunteered for the one u did visit the centre regular, still help out and provide aftercare.

O

Old Mod

I missed this! Too much going on at the moment.

I volunteered but in the end couldn't commit. If it's anything like it suggested to be then brilliant.
MPs and government should be bloody ashamed if themselves and how they treat veterans and current serving forces.
Two big thumbs up to Nick and the huge team behind him that really do pull off amazing work.

Painting over plaster etc etc. Nevermind picking at the details. The work GETS done by warm hearted volunteers. A large majority of people that volunteered for the one u did visit the centre regular, still help out and provide aftercare.

@AliGage
Well said mate!!

So Alister, apart from on the forum,
Did u ever come under fire? :rolleyes:
Bosnia was t it mate?

Reply to Anyone Watching Diy Sos Tonight? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks