Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite Screed Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is that because it gets a reading off the moisture in the silicone ? Anything else you can other than the tape ?
Silicone water cures as does Silane based sealer so they would give a falsely low reading whereas decorators filler is water based so can lead to a false high. I've known people use plumbers mate or glaziers putty before both of which should be fine. As long as it does not use or give out water it should be ok. also bear in mind that digital hygrometers are affected by temperature. If its warm itll give a higher reading than if its is cold despite the screed having the same moisture content. this is to do with the way the hygrometer works. Carbide Bomb is not affected by temperature.

F

Flintstone

Good info there, thanks Alan. Is there an optimum temp to get a precise reading ?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Good info there, thanks Alan. Is there an optimum temp to get a precise reading ?
Yes indeed. The test is designed to be carried out at 20degrees C. I have generally found between about 18 and 22 sufficiently accurate. One of the issues I see with this test all the timeline people try and test with the underfloor heating switched on or the room is unheated and o oh 8 degrees especially this time of year. I prefer carbide bomb for speed and accuracy but of course it costs about 600 quid to buy one

O

One Day

You must seal it to the floor using a water free system such as poly butyl tape. Don't use silicone or decorators filler

I've used Kerdi-fix and Wedi610 so far with good results.
Both water free.
Funny I know, but I tend not to carry much poly butyl tape!

Reply to Anhydrite Screed Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen