Discuss Advice on regrouting/sealing in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AlexSW

Hello,

I'm a novice to tiling and I'm looking for some advice on a problem I'm having.

I'm trying to tackle some old grouting and sealant in my bathroom that has gone mouldy. Tried covering it up with some grout and silicon replenisher type product from Unibond, which has worked in parts but not everywhere.

Decided the worst bits I would regrout and reseal.

Between two of the tiles there is sealant rather than grout, which I've removed, and I am now left with a gap around 1cm in width and around 1.5cm deep and it covers 3 tiles, around 40cm long. I'm wondering what the best thing to do in this situation? Could I grout it or should I use silicone sealant, similar to how it was done previously, or is there any other options I haven't considered?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Alex

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's quite a large gap to fill. Some grouts are usable up to15mm. Would probably go with a silicone sealant being more flexible, with that sort of gap. ( if in a place, not to visually intrusive). If you can post a photo, it would help, in obtaining a more considered response, to the specific situation. Cheers the noo.

Reply to Advice on regrouting/sealing in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! We have quarry tiles which we used iron wax satin on. I did one coat. We then had some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I'm getting some repair work done in a bathroom covered by my home insurance, they are picking...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay