Discuss Adhesive advice- please! in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I’d primarily like advice on the choice of adhesive- but any other constructive comments also welcome!
I’ve got some 600x600x10 tiles coming, they’re going on the floor (separate shower tray), and shower walls, with 3mm spacing all round. The walls are 30mm Aqua board and solid, the floor however...
I’ve battened between the joists at 400mm centres, got 25mm osb, and then 4mm Aqua board (secured with tile adhesive) but there is definitely still movement in the floor.
I’m thinking Ditra membrane first, but have no idea about the adhesives (wall and floor)
And so, any suggestions welcomed, thanks!
Pictures probably don’t help but just in case...
2B0FE50E-6186-456F-B176-07D1DE02F560.jpeg
B58F465C-5DCB-4B41-815D-C308CA93CA73.jpeg
A0322AE1-685F-4E0F-9EFE-0C4F2435DF4F.jpeg

Reply to Adhesive advice- please! in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay