Search the forum,

Discuss 53m floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I've got a job to look at, I've already got my foot in the door as I've done there two bathrooms previously.
It's downstairs kitchen and dining area, open plan, 53m, new concrete screed which is dry. 60x60 tiles which I haven't seen yet.
Thinking of £30 a Meter with materials. will probably get 3m out of a bag I would thing.
I've also been told the screed is very dusty and will need a lot of priming, sounds a little strange. It's pumped over wet ufh I think.

T

Tile Shop

pumped???? Are they sure its concrete?

If its dusty, give it a hoover to get most of the crap off. The primer will then help stabilise the surface so that shouldn't be too much of a worry. But I would be asking the customer to confirm exactly what the screed is before doing anything just in case it turns out to be Anhydrite (some customers occasionally have a tendency to get things wrong). If you can see it in writing from their receipts even better. Better safe than sorry.

F

Flintstone

I assume it's pumped, not seen it yet but I did say is it certain it's concrete and was told yes it's so and so, something fancy. I'll check tho in person

F

Flintstone

I've been told by someone else that it's not pumped! Gonna look at it Friday

J

J Sid

most sand and cement screeds are pumped in, in fact it I would be more concerned if I was told it wasn't pumped in....

F

Flintstone

I spoke to some one else who hasn't seen it but he's half in the loop and he said it will have been 'barrowed' in! Will see won't we.

Reply to 53m floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen