Tiling Courses can be hard to find locally. Especially well established ones that are tiling-only courses rather than training centres that run all sorts of training courses such as plumbing courses and electrical courses too. Not that all those who run other courses are poor when it comes to running only tiling ones. Some have very established tiling training teachers and have plenty of honest legitimate feedback online. But others over the years have gotten too big too quickly and gone bump after they have taken honest money from trainees that are yet to start any of their course.
We often say make sure that you go visit as many training centre’s as you can, this way you will find out what they look like, get a feel for whether you’re having a sales-type push on you, and even if you can speak to previous course trainees to see what their view of the training centre is.
Established Tiling Courses Feedback and Reviews
TilersForums.co.uk started in 2006, and a massive advantage to that is we have a lot of training centre feedback over the years and you can see how long some of them have been running and what their past course attendees have said about them.
Then of course years on, some are running quite decent tiling companies and are still forum members, so you can see which ones worked out for that individual person.
Some Tiling Courses Reviews and Discussion from TilersForums.com
Note that the following forum discussion is just that, open discussion. Don’t take it all as fact. Always do your own research into tiling courses whether independent courses or college tiling courses!
- can anyone recommend a reputable tiling course in the south area of England?
- If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in this thread. Goldtrowel is the UKs No.1 NVQ Centre for Tiling Courses. Our wall and floor tiling courses are designed to give you a good understanding in all areas of tiling whether you are a total beginner or someone who has some knowledge of tiling. It is our responsibility to instill confidence in all that you […]
- Does anyone know of any tiling courses around Nottingham (shire). Can not find any with driving up north or down south thanksDoes anyone know of any tiling courses around Nottingham (shire). Can not find any with driving up north or down south thanks
- Hello Everyone new to the forum. I have done a fair few DIY tiling jobs ( bathroom floor, kitchen splash back, En suite ) i will post photos of each of these jobs. i want to do a tiling course i fancy the 13 day UK pro tiling training course, anyone been on this course? or know anyone that has? Thanks Jack
- Hi looking for tiling course West Midlands can anyone give me a good company to use please
- Hi all. I’m booked on a well known tiling course next month but after speaking to a few of their students I’m debating cancelling. They’ve told me the course is pretty good but no floor tiles are laid. They only briefly talk you through it. Surely you need some hands on work to understand it properly. It’s put me off as it’s advertised as a wall and floor tiling course. Any thoughts appreciated […]
- Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated
- Hello tilers, I have just joined the forum, but I’ve been having a snoop for the last 6 months or so admiring the work and expert advice wondering if I could try my hand at it some day! Pleased so say I’ll be attending the UK Pro Tiling Training Centre at the start of next month to do the 13 day course (is anyone else going around the same time?) which will hopefully […]
- Hi i thought i should leave some feed back regarding north east tiling in tyne and wear as i think credit is due Darren and Tracey run a pretty sleek operation there and are friendly and helpful. the after service in second to none – you can alway ring up and ask a question. they can't provide you with experience that has to be earned but they will give you all the knowledge […]
- Hi, I am trained as a Bricklayer and have been doing this for about 14 years, I am now looking for a change of career and thinking about tiling. Ideally I would keep doing the bricklaying during the week and start off doing tiling at the weekend until I built up my business enough that I could give up the bricklaying. I am looking to find out what is the best tiling course […]
Tiling NVQ Level 2 Wall and Floor Tiling
If you’re looking for a Tiling NVQ, which is called the NVQ Level 2 in Wall and Floor Tiling, then you’ll need to either look for a local college course that runs the Tiling NVQ. Or look for an independent training centre that can help build your personal tiling portfolio, and then help with getting you some onsite assessment via the OSAT route. (more info needed)
Plumbing Courses Top Tips
Plumbing NVQ Courses can be found at local colleges and within private plumbing training centres. But you could do with checking out these plumbing course tips before booking with just anybody.
Electrical Courses Top Tips
Electricians NVQ Courses aren’t hard to find, but good quality courses can be. If you’re looking for an Electrical NVQ of any type, then please do checkout our electricians blog.