Tiling Courses can be hard to find locally. Especially well established ones that are tiling-only courses rather than training centres that run all sorts of training courses such as plumbing courses and electrical courses too. Not that all those who run other courses are poor when it comes to running only tiling ones. Some have very established tiling training teachers and have plenty of honest legitimate feedback online. But others over the years have gotten too big too quickly and gone bump after they have taken honest money from trainees that are yet to start any of their course.
We often say make sure that you go visit as many training centre’s as you can, this way you will find out what they look like, get a feel for whether you’re having a sales-type push on you, and even if you can speak to previous course trainees to see what their view of the training centre is.
Established Tiling Courses Feedback and Reviews
TilersForums.co.uk started in 2006, and a massive advantage to that is we have a lot of training centre feedback over the years and you can see how long some of them have been running and what their past course attendees have said about them.
Then of course years on, some are running quite decent tiling companies and are still forum members, so you can see which ones worked out for that individual person.
Some Tiling Courses Reviews and Discussion from TilersForums.com
Note that the following forum discussion is just that, open discussion. Don’t take it all as fact. Always do your own research into tiling courses whether independent courses or college tiling courses!
- Hi i thought i should leave some feed back regarding north east tiling in tyne and wear as i think credit is due Darren and Tracey run a pretty sleek operation there and are friendly and helpful. the after service in second to none – you can alway ring up and ask a question. they can't provide you with experience that has to be earned but they will give you all the knowledge […]
- If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in this thread. Goldtrowel is the UKs No.1 NVQ Centre for Tiling Courses. Our wall and floor tiling courses are designed to give you a good understanding in all areas of tiling whether you are a total beginner or someone who has some knowledge of tiling. It is our responsibility to instill confidence in all that you […]
- Hi, I am trained as a Bricklayer and have been doing this for about 14 years, I am now looking for a change of career and thinking about tiling. Ideally I would keep doing the bricklaying during the week and start off doing tiling at the weekend until I built up my business enough that I could give up the bricklaying. I am looking to find out what is the best tiling course […]
- can you go for an nvq or can you get a star warranty as offered by pts in harlow as i spotted in tdays sun newspaper
- Just completed my 4 week course at the Tiler Training School (which actually crept into 5!) and wanted to give as much positive feedback as I could! What a huge learning curve and I'm now just getting organised to start my own business in the area. So much information and advice given in the time period that my head was spinning for most of it! But Anthony and Stuart were extremely patient and […]
- Hi lads, I got a mate who wants to do a tiling course in scotland…any ideas? Cheers
- Hi All New to forum , Looking for tiling courses in Scotland , ( I'm in Glasgow area ) Let me know if you know any Cheers
- HI there, Can anyone tell me if there are any good quality tiling courses in the south wales area, hopefully in the Newport ,Cardiff area. If not then maybe towards Bristol. Many thanks ANDY.
- Hi, just joined this forum and like to say very nice stuff on here. I have been tiling on and off for a few years now but due to the current climate i'm looking for something to give an extra bit in my pocket with my spare time so i want to go self employed. I'm aware that an NVQ is or will soon be required to continue in the tiling trade but […]
- For quite some time we had dozens of websites. We closed a whole bunch (including tilingcoursescompanies.co.uk) some time ago due us (me) being so busy with the main few forums. That said; I bring you www.a1tilingcourses.co.uk – the website that will let you know who to spend your money with when tiling professionally or as DIY. Let's see if this one takes eh? lol
Tiling NVQ Level 2 Wall and Floor Tiling
If you’re looking for a Tiling NVQ, which is called the NVQ Level 2 in Wall and Floor Tiling, then you’ll need to either look for a local college course that runs the Tiling NVQ. Or look for an independent training centre that can help build your personal tiling portfolio, and then help with getting you some onsite assessment via the OSAT route. (more info needed)
Plumbing Courses Top Tips
Plumbing NVQ Courses can be found at local colleges and within private plumbing training centres. But you could do with checking out these plumbing course tips before booking with just anybody.
Electrical Courses Top Tips
Electricians NVQ Courses aren’t hard to find, but good quality courses can be. If you’re looking for an Electrical NVQ of any type, then please do checkout our electricians blog.