Search the forum,

Discuss your thoughts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well been thinking i should put this to the tta .indepent tile fixers should carry a tta id card with photo .witch they can use at any tta outlet to get max discount without an account .this way when your working out side your normal area and need to pick up a few bags of adhesive ect .this should save you time and money

P

Protilers

not to mention that the "id" will be tied to an individual......(meaning everyone will need to join in a team!) preferably with a photo.........that way, there will be no way a "single" member could join and 20 people could use his/her card!!!!!!!

just a thought!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
well been thinking i should put this to the tta .indepent tile fixers should carry a tta id card with photo .witch they can use at any tta outlet to get max discount without an account .this way when your working out side your normal area and need to pick up a few bags of adhesive ect .this should save you time and money

Good luck if you can make it fly but it sounds a bit of a difficult one... How can the TTA dictate independent outlet profit and discounts. If they are members of the TTA they join to boost business and margins not to knock them down...

R

well the retailer needs to be protected from abuse to .if you just a card with your number on buisness card you could give this to your client next thing you now hes in a shop claiming your discount

P

Protilers

Good luck if you can make it fly but it sounds a bit of a difficult one... How can the TTA dictate independent outlet profit and discounts. If they are members of the TTA they join to boost business and margins not to knock them down...

IMO...it should me more of a moral duty between members........afterall.......there are not that many TTA fixers in the UK!...so I doubt it will upset margins.....but it will give the scheme the credibilty it deserves and will also make people want to join...........myself included!..........

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
IMO...it should me more of a moral duty between members........afterall.......there are not that many TTA fixers in the UK!...so I doubt it will upset margins.....but it will give the scheme the credibilty it deserves and will also make people want to join...........myself included!..........

Fair point well made....

P

Protilers

oh and I am also sure "registered members" will be more than willing to pay.........lets say £5...per ID card per employee?.......as they are at cost?.........after postage?......just a thought?

R

well the thinking behind this is you would look for your nearest tta out let .this is business you might not have got and you get to meet a new tiler who would use you again when down your way plus tell others

P

Protilers

Fair point well made....

thank you Alan.........but TBH......we all have a few ideas popping about......and they all have merit IMO.....Ray, Gary and I (I am NOT a member YET!).......But ,Personally I want the TTA to strive.......
and be profitable........and the ID card system will make (a small) profit and encourage people to join.......just my opinion......

Reply to your thoughts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen