Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What's your daily grinder in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the Lidl cordless grinder? I don't currently use a grinder but i was looking to get one soon. A Lidl opened round the corner from me and i went for a middle aisle trip (as you do) and spotted an adjustable speed cordless grinder, comes in at around £50 with a battery and charger. If i do get on with it alright i would probably be looking to invest in another. i saw folk say the same brand of paddle mixer was decent so thought it could be worth a try?

@LEE MAC are you still using yours and do you rate it? I tried a search and you came up as mentioning having one last year

Last edited:
G

GoneGuy

What size is the battery? You might need 2 batteries for cordless depending on how much you use it

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
What size is the battery? You might need 2 batteries for cordless depending on how much you use it

There was the option to buy 4ah & 2ah 20v batteries, it's not on their site so i'll pop in again later on to check costs

D

Dumbo

I have a Makita grinder with brushes which I have to keep changing but getting so hacked off with it I am getting a brushless version

Reaction score
My first post! Recently joined, I love my 115mm brushless cordless makita, coupled with the marcrist ck850 akkumax blade . Just purchased the 250 1200 110v rubi wet saw to combat these 1200x1200’s I’ve been installing and even with the standard blade it cuts amazing! Where’s it been all my life lol

L

LM

T
Has anyone ever tried the Lidl cordless grinder? I don't currently use a grinder but i was looking to get one soon. A Lidl opened round the corner from me and i went for a middle aisle trip (as you do) and spotted an adjustable speed cordless grinder, comes in at around £50 with a battery and charger. If i do get on with it alright i would probably be looking to invest in another. i saw folk say the same brand of paddle mixer was decent so thought it could be worth a try?

@LEE MAC are you still using yours and do you rate it? I tried a search and you came up as mentioning having one last year
Imo in this field you get what you pay for for sure. I would say my work is heavy on a grinder. The Lidl grinder would be ok for occasional use, cutting trims or tails off tiles after you’ve cut them on a Sigma etc but for a lot of grinding you need a good machine. I have a cordless Hilti and it’s a beast but very expensive. Next to that I have a cordless Metabo and imo having used cordless Makitas, Dewalts and Bosch’s it’s by far the next best. I don’t think there’s much point in buying cheap cordless gear. You’re better picking a brand that has a good range of tools and is robust, reliable and with a good warranty. My Metabo is just under 3 years old and the motor packed in, they replaced the brushless motor no qualms at all.
I also have most brands of 110 grinders and Hilti again is my main stay. I recently bought a Bosch gws 7 115 and for the money it’s a super impressive grinder that’s due to being so slim is really nice to handle.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
OK cheers @LEE MAC i had been looking at the Metabo previously as I saw folk talking about it in here and I likes the sound of it having watched a couple reviews. I may just wait and save up a bit. Thought it might have been worth a punt after I had seen you had one in a post but I'll just need to treat myself. Again

Kedo

TF
Reaction score
I have a Makita grinder with brushes which I have to keep changing but getting so hacked off with it I am getting a brushless version
What model did you buy?
[automerge]1572650484[/automerge]
My first post! Recently joined, I love my 115mm brushless cordless makita, coupled with the marcrist ck850 akkumax blade . Just purchased the 250 1200 110v rubi wet saw to combat these 1200x1200’s I’ve been installing and even with the standard blade it cuts amazing! Where’s it been all my life lol
What model did you buy?
[automerge]1572650588[/automerge]
What model did you buy?
[automerge]1572650484[/automerge]

What model did you buy?

Attachments

• 0087ABA3-831B-4FFF-9F52-1BE71804B119.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 7

Kedo

TF
Reaction score
Thanks Artur, thats one I’ve looked at! Any regrets or all good? Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Artur

TF
Reaction score
Bought this kit
MAKITA DGA463RTJ 18V LXT BL 2X5AH LI-ION 115MM ANGLE GRINDER MAKPAC KIT
It’s great in all honestly and the two 5s mean it never runs short of juice. Gets my approval.
[automerge]1572678297[/automerge]
Paid £259 for it all

Reply to What's your daily grinder in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks