Search the forum,

Discuss What's your daily grinder in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Most of my grinder work is done with a Bosch
7-115 110v tho, it’s a very good one handed grinder.

Reaction score
What's your everyday grinder for cutting ? I have a bosch but the cord is driving me mad it's so rigid, not sure if it's getting more rigid as time goes on! I have a variable which has a lovely supple cord, so I bought the same model but none variable from PTT and that's got a normal cord on it.
Hi mines dewaltdwe4206gb soon to be a dewalt cordless. I have a diatechL15ST disc cuts through almost everything chip free and with ease.

L

LM

Who got the cordless Hilti, supposedly vibration free???
I got one last week Mark. Some piece of kit. With the 22v it doesn’t struggle at all. As far as vibration I haven’t noticed any but I think that’s more to do with the disc. It’s not as easy to handle as the Metabo but it’s a proper work horse and has more power. I was working with 750’s last week and every cut had to be grinded and one battery lasted me to around 3pm and I mean it was working.
If you didn’t want to spend the money on the Hilti then my next recommendation would be the Metabo without doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the Lidl cordless grinder? I don't currently use a grinder but i was looking to get one soon. A Lidl opened round the corner from me and i went for a middle aisle trip (as you do) and spotted an adjustable speed cordless grinder, comes in at around £50 with a battery and charger. If i do get on with it alright i would probably be looking to invest in another. i saw folk say the same brand of paddle mixer was decent so thought it could be worth a try?

@LEE MAC are you still using yours and do you rate it? I tried a search and you came up as mentioning having one last year

Last edited:
G

GoneGuy

What size is the battery? You might need 2 batteries for cordless depending on how much you use it

D

Dumbo

I have a Makita grinder with brushes which I have to keep changing but getting so hacked off with it I am getting a brushless version

Reply to What's your daily grinder in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen