Discuss What's your daily grinder in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

What's your everyday grinder for cutting ? I have a bosch but the cord is driving me mad it's so rigid, not sure if it's getting more rigid as time goes on! I have a variable which has a lovely supple cord, so I bought the same model but none variable from PTT and that's got a normal cord on it.
it could be an old model.
my first bosch had the hard lead and problems
with the power button.
the second purchased, has a soft cable and no problem with the button.

I

Italy

BAH!!! if I have to make a few cuts, the battery-powered one is enough.
but 90% of the time I use the electric one,
the battery-powered one I keep for trim and small measures.
or to make the edge of the cuts.

J

J Sid

I've 2 little bosch grinders, 1 is variable speed and a variable speed Makita. All are 240v, never tried a cordless one, why would I?

I

Italy

I've 2 little bosch grinders, 1 is variable speed and a variable speed Makita. All are 240v, never tried a cordless one, why would I?
try asking the gypsies.
I sold 1 battery-powered grinder, I did not understand
because they called me only the Gypsies.
with the time I understood .... :)

Reaction score
I’ve got the Brushless Makita with the paddle switch and 5ah batteries. Cutting 12mm porc this week, like a hot knife through butter. I do have a corded one but never use it now.

O

Old Mod

Got to agree with @LEE MAC earlier in the thread.
The metabo battery grinder is a lovely piece of kit.
With a 5ah battery, I can mitre a full 2.4m sheet to a high standard, on the length.

O

Old Mod

Most of my grinder work is done with a Bosch
7-115 110v tho, it’s a very good one handed grinder.

Reaction score
What's your everyday grinder for cutting ? I have a bosch but the cord is driving me mad it's so rigid, not sure if it's getting more rigid as time goes on! I have a variable which has a lovely supple cord, so I bought the same model but none variable from PTT and that's got a normal cord on it.
Hi mines dewaltdwe4206gb soon to be a dewalt cordless. I have a diatechL15ST disc cuts through almost everything chip free and with ease.

L

LM

Who got the cordless Hilti, supposedly vibration free???
I got one last week Mark. Some piece of kit. With the 22v it doesn’t struggle at all. As far as vibration I haven’t noticed any but I think that’s more to do with the disc. It’s not as easy to handle as the Metabo but it’s a proper work horse and has more power. I was working with 750’s last week and every cut had to be grinded and one battery lasted me to around 3pm and I mean it was working.
If you didn’t want to spend the money on the Hilti then my next recommendation would be the Metabo without doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to What's your daily grinder in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks