Search the forum,

Discuss What adhesive thickness should i use? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paulprior

Hi

I have 3 bathrooms to tile, floor and walls, how do i know what thickness of adhesive should be used, i see the notched trowels come in many different sizes

Thanks

A

aph257

the reason there's alot of differnet size trowels is because there are different scenarios. so what are your:
tile sizes
tile type
Wall type
Wall Condition
Floor type
Floor condition

and thats just for starters.:lol:

P

paulprior

Hi
the walls are plasterboard, the floors are timber covered in ply, the tilles are 600*300*10, floor tiles porcelin and wall tiles ceramic

Thanks

W

White Room

I would back skim your floor tiles and use a 10-12mm floor trowel..

Depending the thickness of your wall tiles about a 6-7mm trowel

P

paulprior

Hi

Just for info, why does it make a difference for the tile thickness?,, should all floor tiles use 10-12mm?

Thanks

Paul

W

White Room

Hi

Just for info, why does it make a difference for the tile thickness?,, should all floor tiles use 10-12mm?

Thanks

Paul

No, depending the the size, if you have a small floor tile then the floor would need to be as flat as possible but a smaller trowel size would probably be required

Reply to What adhesive thickness should i use? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen