Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frigiliana

Hi i am planning to tile a wetroom with a specific area as the shower approx 1000mm x 1000mm the tiles i plan to use will be 100mm square with the drain in the middle , can anybody point me to pics or layout plans for the correct layout for obtaining the fall i need and the cuts . i have seen a Wedi video by Roger Bisby with a layout but he is using far bigger tiles than i plan

Cheers dave

W

wetdec

Without a former you can not begin to plan your cuts as drain position, pitch and size are all relivant when setting out.

What I would sugest is you use 100mm square or smaller tiles for your dec and pick a larger format tile for the field, this will make cutting easier and at the same time create a feature of the dec within your room.

:thumbsup:

F

frigiliana

Thanks for the advice , I live in Spain and these formers are difficult to come by, most of if not all wet rooms are made from a tanking material , what I needed most is the pattern of the tiles away from the drain to give a neat and practical look
Cheers Dave

W

wetdec

Tell me what it is your looking for and I will look at getting one to you if thats of help.......:thumbsup:

L

loaderman

I have a holiday home in Spain and have seen some excellent wetrooms in neighbours houses that were created by local spanish builders and tilers. From what I have seen they create the base from scratch using cement/screed and a shaped piece of wood to create the fall to the drain.

Maybe you could approach a few local spanish tilers/builders for a quote. Your local hardware store (ferreteria) or builders merchants (almacen?) may be able to recommend someone local to where you are. Ask your neighbours to see if they can recommend anyone.

They also tend to be cheaper than expat tradesmen and know what materials to use to suit their climate/conditions.

Good luck

Stewart

F

frigiliana

Thank's for the advice , went to my local tile shop and they sell a special cemento that they use for tanking water tanks and showers so I am sorted , the tanking wasn't the problem really it was the design of the tiles round the waste and away to the walls , Iv'e looked at some pictures of wet rooms on the forum so i have a better idea , the envelope pattern seems to be the neatest option , although i have seen some that don't appear to have any fall to the drain

Cheers Dave

Reply to Wetroom Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen