Discuss TX 700 N or Sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

N

necro777

It seems that sigma and Rubi are split down the middle with most of you choosing one or the other. But but which would be the sigma to match a TX-700-N & is the 700 not a good cutter for small ceramics.

like to here your opinions

G

GazTech

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SGFAD - 4A Diagonale[/FONT]
Art.4A-DIAGONALEcm.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Advanced version of 'classic' Sigma for large format tiles and diagonal cutting. Same aluminium construction with sprung steel floating bed. Double adjustment for tile thickness, cutting length 75 cm. Usually despatched within 1 - 3 working days I wouls say that this is the equivelant sigma cutter around £260........Personally I'm a Rubi boy but can't comment on the Sigma..never used one,it is all a personal thing...Gaz..
This for the same money is far better....case and bits supplied...Gaz
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Or even this....................................£215 cuts 63cm tiles or 44 on diagonal, repetative cuts .

Montolit Masterpiuma 63.

And now Montolit have now introduced a wheel for cutting porcelain, though my standard wheel seems to do a fine job as it is. Maybe it would wear slightly quicker than the new wheel.

Grumpy

D

DHTiling

i have just purchased the TX 700 n and its the dogs danglies when it comes to porcelain....wish i got one years ago...............dave...

Reaction score
Or even this....................................£215 cuts 63cm tiles or 44 on diagonal, repetative cuts .

Montolit Masterpiuma 63.

And now Montolit have now introduced a wheel for cutting porcelain, though my standard wheel seems to do a fine job as it is. Maybe it would wear slightly quicker than the new wheel.

Grumpy
this is what i use....love it...

E

enduro

I have a tx 900, might put some wheels on it a ride it to work, Wow that's a big one all the lady customers say, only take it to boost my ego....

H

Home Tiler

lol...enduro
When i got my tx 700n...i nearly had a heart attack!!
But the 900?????
jeeez...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: lol

N

necro777

TX-700-N has just arived and looks great and can also be used for weight training. Should put that on the adverts

L

len

got the Montolit Masterpiuma 93. Its a monster. cuts mosaic ,but struggles with unglazed 10mm thick x600mm porcelain !!! Have to really clout the handle,which can leave me with a chipped tile, and a sore wrist. Need more leverage, or does this 10 stone weakling need to put on weight!?

One advantage with the Rubi, is the clear view allowing accurate alligning of the cutting wheel permitted by the double rail set up.

Reply to TX 700 N or Sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks