Search the forum,

Discuss Tools you couldn't be without! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Left my harrris scraper at home today:mad2: , and it got me thinking, is their any tools that you could not be without during your days work, other than the obvious cuttters, grinders levels and mixers! Iuse my scraper for everything from buttering tiles, lifting tiles scraping out the buckets , chipping old adhesive of floors and walls and removing architraves! so i had to use a margin trowel today , absolutely hated it just didnt feel right!!!

B

Bubblecraft

Couldn't be without this
6amavemy.jpg

It's like a skeleton key. It can:
Open tins, remove doors (Philips or slotted), cut open packaging, remove sockets, prise tiles, clear blocked nozzles, open & shut isolating valves, remove light fittings, lift carpets, remove gripper rods, remove threshold bars & so much more!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
my alpro kneeling pad, which i left on a job last week....:mad2:

why is it when you finish a job and leave some kit behind, its allways the job thats miles away, never the one round the corner....

arranged to pick it up on the weekend....till then sore knees...:thumbsdown:

B

Bubblecraft

There's nothing worse when you've left a tool on the job. One time I actually left my Paslode in a loft. It was weeks before I noticed as well. Took me ages to figure it out lol

C

charlie1

My trusty 300mm aluminum ruler, i use it as a ruler and a scraper... I call it the raper!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
my alpro kneeling pad, which i left on a job last week....:mad2:

why is it when you finish a job and leave some kit behind, its allways the job thats miles away, never the one round the corner....

arranged to pick it up on the weekend....till then sore knees...:thumbsdown:

what are they like Andy? I've got the knee pads which I think are by far the best available but they are a bit bulky when you get up and walk around. Don't know if it would annoy me having to move it along all the time.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
what are they like Andy? I've got the knee pads which I think are by far the best available but they are a bit bulky when you get up and walk around. Don't know if it would annoy me having to move it along all the time.

its very good mate, i use it mainly in bathrooms when tiling round the bath and tiling to the floor, or any tiling where your going to be in one place for a while.

they can be a bit of a pain on floors but you do get used to it..

D

DHTiling

Left my harrris scraper at home today:mad2: , and it got me thinking, is their any tools that you could not be without during your days work, other than the obvious cuttters, grinders levels and mixers! Iuse my scraper for everything from buttering tiles, lifting tiles scraping out the buckets , chipping old adhesive of floors and walls and removing architraves! so i had to use a margin trowel today , absolutely hated it just didnt feel right!!!

Just snapped my Harris scraper today , gutted , it has sentimental value lol lol.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i once had a stiring stick that i used for knocking up small amounts of adhesive and grout 13 years i had it for....loved that stick i did, then i went and left it on a job, was tempted to go back and get it but had to remind myself it was just a stick.... :lol:

Reply to Tools you couldn't be without! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen