Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tools you couldn't be without! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Left my harrris scraper at home today:mad2: , and it got me thinking, is their any tools that you could not be without during your days work, other than the obvious cuttters, grinders levels and mixers! Iuse my scraper for everything from buttering tiles, lifting tiles scraping out the buckets , chipping old adhesive of floors and walls and removing architraves! so i had to use a margin trowel today , absolutely hated it just didnt feel right!!!

B

Bubblecraft

Couldn't be without this
6amavemy.jpg

It's like a skeleton key. It can:
Open tins, remove doors (Philips or slotted), cut open packaging, remove sockets, prise tiles, clear blocked nozzles, open & shut isolating valves, remove light fittings, lift carpets, remove gripper rods, remove threshold bars & so much more!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
my alpro kneeling pad, which i left on a job last week....:mad2:

why is it when you finish a job and leave some kit behind, its allways the job thats miles away, never the one round the corner....

arranged to pick it up on the weekend....till then sore knees...:thumbsdown:

B

Bubblecraft

There's nothing worse when you've left a tool on the job. One time I actually left my Paslode in a loft. It was weeks before I noticed as well. Took me ages to figure it out lol

C

charlie1

My trusty 300mm aluminum ruler, i use it as a ruler and a scraper... I call it the raper!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score

why is it when you finish a job and leave some kit behind, its allways the job thats miles away, never the one round the corner....

what are they like Andy? I've got the knee pads which I think are by far the best available but they are a bit bulky when you get up and walk around. Don't know if it would annoy me having to move it along all the time.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
what are they like Andy? I've got the knee pads which I think are by far the best available but they are a bit bulky when you get up and walk around. Don't know if it would annoy me having to move it along all the time.

its very good mate, i use it mainly in bathrooms when tiling round the bath and tiling to the floor, or any tiling where your going to be in one place for a while.

they can be a bit of a pain on floors but you do get used to it..

D

DHTiling

Left my harrris scraper at home today:mad2: , and it got me thinking, is their any tools that you could not be without during your days work, other than the obvious cuttters, grinders levels and mixers! Iuse my scraper for everything from buttering tiles, lifting tiles scraping out the buckets , chipping old adhesive of floors and walls and removing architraves! so i had to use a margin trowel today , absolutely hated it just didnt feel right!!!

Just snapped my Harris scraper today , gutted , it has sentimental value lol lol.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i once had a stiring stick that i used for knocking up small amounts of adhesive and grout 13 years i had it for....loved that stick i did, then i went and left it on a job, was tempted to go back and get it but had to remind myself it was just a stick.... :lol:

B

Bubblecraft

Thought I'd prove a point today & stick using my trusty driver for everything. Yes, i could have got the proper tools from the van but knew it could be done & wanted to post it here. Done all this (apart from cutting the pipes or course)
Before:
4udu9e2a.jpg
yqeqyret.jpg
a3ubequr.jpg
5y7e5uhe.jpg
gevyjy8e.jpg

After:
e2a6erad.jpg
e7ebaze4.jpg
6e9ana3u.jpg
e9yqadeg.jpg
ytyzysut.jpg

A

AMtek

Digital angle finder for skirting external corners, perfect corners every time. Hate seeing 45 corners made to fit a corner that isn't square!

W

White Room

When I've ever left anything tool wise at a customers job they have never called me to say they found it......

R

Rookery

I once left my coffee jar at a customers house having finished a 45 sq mtr Fired Earth floor. Completely out of the blue they sent me a deep sea diver in the post to save me going back for it. :thumbsup:

Reply to Tools you couldn't be without! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks