Search the forum,

Discuss Tools you couldn't be without! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Do you like their knifes? I think they are so time consuming for use with Hardi. I prefer cutting with an old handsaw. I can see it being useful for everything else though accept its designed purpose lol

The only problem with using a saw, is the dust.. That stuff is BAD for you! I usually use a stanley on the 6mm board, but it's no good for the 12mm.. Does the Hardie knife work on 12mm? Or, after reading Bubblecraft's post, should i be asking if the knife works at all?? :D

J

Jeff the tiler

Must be my van without it any other tools would be redundant! Must be a week this week of broken scrapers. Just snapped mine in two after many years. It was a good friend but i think asking it to lift a 60 x 60 at it's old age was to much for the poor fellow

B

Bubblecraft

The only problem with using a saw, is the dust.. That stuff is BAD for you! I usually use a stanley on the 6mm board, but it's no good for the 12mm.. Does the Hardie knife work on 12mm? Or, after reading Bubblecraft's post, should i be asking if the knife works at all?? :D

It works as a scribe. Won't cut all the way through so when you snap it, it feathers as it does when using a knife. An old handsaw does the job great though it knackering. It's as harmful as mixing rapid set, plaster or OPC. At the end of the day, it's a cement based product. Here's one from today using a handsaw.
abyna2e9.jpg

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Yeah, I was a bit shocked when reading through the instructions... If they are worried enough about it, to tell you to not even sweep the dust up, it's gotta be dodgy lol!

Reply to Tools you couldn't be without! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen