Discuss Tiling onto wooden floor boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bradma9

This is the first I have done with floorboards. As I'm aware that floorboards have a lot of movement do you carry out the same proces as a normal floor ie adhesive/ screw hardibacker board and tile with a flexible addy? ease could people tell me what they do as this is my first floorboard job for a Friends daughter.
Many thanks

Q

Qwerty

Yes, but I always like to know what is below the floor first and also what deflection present as may need to strengthen between joists. Screw boards down well and then treat as you would ply.

Reply to Tiling onto wooden floor boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
We are currently re-doing our bathroom. Everything has been stripped back. Property is a 1930's...
Replies
Views
I've just had the whole ground floor of a house we are working on levelled with a pump in liquid...
Replies
Views
Bishbbashbosh
B
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay