Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto Paramount board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazebo

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and have been reading some of the posts which are very in formative, i am after some advice (it will probably be the 1st of many questions i will ask as i realise how important it is to use the correct adh/grouts and techniques but alas i am very confused.) I am in a situation where i was going to remove the plasterboard from a stud wall and and replace with marmox 12mm board, (fixed with stainless steel penny washers etc) but upon removing the existing tiles which came off easily thankfully someone tiled unto wallpaper, i have discovered that the wall is paramount board (Ex council building about 1970) the board is in good condition but which adhesives/primer/grout would be best to use, it is for a bath surround. also i am able to use marmox board to build the shower enclosure but which adhesives/grout etc is most suitable/easy to use on this.? sorry for such a long description but i am hoping this well help someone to help me.
Thanks again for all being very helpful in this forum (creep creep)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazebo

Hi Dave, sorry forgot to mention tiles are ceramic 300x250mm wall tiles, in the past i have used Bal white star on plasterboard but have not primed it prior to tiling, also i am using marmox 12mm backer board what adhesive would you advise for this size tile.? (is marmox worth the extra expense in a shower enclosure or is green plasterboard adequate.?) also when fixing marmox the pastic washers they provide seem to remain very proud of the board, has anyone experienced this.? i have started to use stainless steel penny washers and screws. seems fine but what is the concensus.?
be good all and by the way my wife has discovered me reading this forum on the toilet, am i the only 1.?

D

DHTiling

Hi Dave, sorry forgot to mention tiles are ceramic 300x250mm wall tiles, in the past i have used Bal white star on plasterboard but have not primed it prior to tiling, also i am using marmox 12mm backer board what adhesive would you advise for this size tile.? (is marmox worth the extra expense in a shower enclosure or is green plasterboard adequate.?) also when fixing marmox the pastic washers they provide seem to remain very proud of the board, has anyone experienced this.? i have started to use stainless steel penny washers and screws. seems fine but what is the concensus.?
be good all and by the way my wife has discovered me reading this forum on the toilet, am i the only 1.?

Might find it hard to get my pc( desktop) into the toilet...:lol:...

As for adhesive with those tiles...if you prefer using a suitable dispersion adhesive then it will be fine with that size tile....If you are going to use the marmox boards in the shower then you will need to tape the joints as well, or you could use plasterboard and apply a tanking membrane...:thumbsup:

W

White Room

Gazebo quote;my wife has discovered me reading this forum on the toilet, am i the only 1.?:whatchutalkingabout

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tiling onto Paramount board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hello! We have quarry tiles which we used iron wax satin on. I did one coat. We then had some...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part! Based...
Replies
Views
HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen