Discuss Tiles sound hollow under underfloor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

200m2 with no expansion/movement joints! Even if everything else was done correctly this is wrong and could be the cause of adhesive bond failing and the tiles becoming loose.

Pretty sure that Ajax would say you don't need expansion joints actually. Anhydrite screed expands far less than usual. I'd still insist on ditra at that size though.
(yes, I know it's contrary to bs5385)

J

J Sid

but still need movement joints ? As the tiles would expand at a different rate to the screed but the Ditra may accommodate this movement

S

Spacey

Anhydrate isn't really a screed it's more related to plaster.
Its a bi product they needed to find a use for Builder's love as it's cheap pre mixed a great thermal conductor goes down smooth but most importantly for Builder's it dries quickly Randomly but quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WetSaw

Apply 2 coat of Kerakoll Primer A Eco Water-based surface primer that neutralizes the expansive chemical reaction of gypsum or anhydrite based plasters and screeds on contact with cement-based adhesives

...after removing the laitence of course!

O

One Day

The most bullet-proof method I know is
1 Remove laitence
2 Vac thoroughly
3 One coat chosen primer diluted (to reduce absorbtion)
4 Fix ditra with tm anhyfix adhesive
5 Fix tiles using whatever you like to use.
6 Good job, well done, sleep easy.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The most bullet-proof method I know is
1 Remove laitence
2 Vac thoroughly
3 One coat chosen primer diluted (to reduce absorbtion)
4 Fix ditra with tm anhyfix adhesive
5 Fix tiles using whatever you like to use.
6 Good job, well done, sleep easy.
I wonder if this guy is ever gonna come back online I was actually looking forward to goin to represent the tilersforums and let him know what's what

Reply to Tiles sound hollow under underfloor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks