Discuss Tiles sound hollow under underfloor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

J Sid

the floor will need sand again when tiles are lifted to clean floor.
you need to lift some tiles to see if the adhesive is stuck to the floor or tile.
any expansion joints been put in ?

A

Alan Field

the floor will need sand again when tiles are lifted to clean floor.
you need to lift some tiles to see if the adhesive is stuck to the floor or tile.
any expansion joints been put in ?
I don't think expansion joints have been used? What happens if it's stuck to tile?

W

WetSaw

If the adhesive is on the tile and not the screed it tells you that either the floor wasn't prepared correctly and/or the wrong adhesive used.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What makes you think he is a cowboy Alan? other than the tiles are loose?
I'm not saying he's not but what else has he done?
What is the quality like?

F

Flintstone

That's the best thing this chap could do, let you round to determine exactly what's happening and give him the options, or option

S

Spacey

Anhydrate catches alot of people out Knowledge is power
Can't count the amount I've had to replace due to failure from wrong preparation.
Those little crystals are a pain!

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Who knows what bad language lurks around the forum in previous posts, 3_fall had to delete a whole thread the other night that some idiot brought up from 10 years ago due to an appauling but funny story.

Reply to Tiles sound hollow under underfloor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks