Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 9966

well my sister has emailed me on facebook again this morning. "hi sis, how r u today" so I replied "still pregnant"

she's not responded :grin:

anybody for cake? i am shortly starting my nesting instinct with some fruit scones (I bet they come out like rock cakes) and some nice sponge fairy cakes :)

D

Deleted member 9966

sorry to go on about my annoying sister, but she's asked me again today how I am... :mad2: so today I asked her why she keeps on asking me.. her response "im just showing that i'm thinking of you ***" is there a spew smiley anywhere on here? Mr GRR had to stop me responding with "and what about the last 9 months? have you not been thinking about me then too?" she's so irritating. I swear if she ever tries to give me parenting tips, I will just let rip about the last 15 years worth of ignorant behaviour I've witnessed from her just because she's epileptic. :incazzato:

in other news, seen my consultant again today. if Baby GRR hasn't arrived by 27th July, Baby will be evicted under an induction. here's hoping Baby will arrive of its own accord before then :yesnod: and the Baby seems to have swapped sides. for the last 12 weeks, its been lying with its back against my left side and was still like that 2 weeks ago. today, baby seems to have rolled over and has its back lying against my right side! when the hell did that happen??? :yikes: had a lot of pain and discomfort last night and was waiting for contractions to kick in, but they didn't. I'll keep you posted.

J

jay

You still on deck Liz right time for drastic action you and mr G need to retire to the bedroom or whatever room you like for some serious /////// exercise about half an hour should do the trick :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

You still on deck Liz right time for drastic action you and mr G need to retire to the bedroom or whatever room you like for some serious /////// exercise about half an hour should do the trick :thumbsup:

it's an old wives tale Jay. we've already tried it :lol:

U

user123

it's an old wives tale Jay. we've already tried it :lol:

It's not really, muscle movement can help, as can hot baths... old and tested, not theories.. try some more... :) Saying that, the baby will come when it's ready anyhow. Just be patient now and leave him or her to decide when s/he wants to say hi.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

try letting Mr GRR go for a game of golf it worked for us

he is today Chris, funny you should mention it. 1pm he's teeing off. he reckons he'll be back by 5.30pm. it's ok, cos I'm sure I won't go into labour until tomorrow night anyway :grin:

Del W

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Are you feeling this big ?

images

This isnt me by the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9966

Awh, you're still here then - I was just wondering if today was the day... you're getting us all excited now!!!

no G, still here, a day later :incazzato: it's all starting to grate on me now. i'm getting lots of the underlying little symptoms of heading towards labour, but none of the bigger symptoms have shown up just yet. midwife appointment tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a better idea of what's going on when I see her. there's only so much cleaning, washing and ironing I can take. i'm snoozing for about 2 hours during the day as I'm waking up all through the night, so hopefully I'm well rested, but I'm also trying to stay active - how does that work? :lol: I've even started baking again. I made a batch of fairy cakes last night because I was so bored. going to see what toppings I can put on them today :grin:

and the saga with my sister continues. I ignored her last email 4 days ago where she said that she was only taking an interest in me by asking me how I am. she emailed again last night, asking AGAIN how I am. so I let rip this morning. I asked her why she was so bothered now considering she hadn't been bothered about me during the last 8 months. no doubt she'll report all of this to our Mother and I'll get a phone call later asking me what's wrong. what's wrong is that people keep crawling out of the woodwork, taking an interest in my life just because I'm having a baby. they haven't been interested until now, so I find the whole thing very hypocritical. An old uni friend of mine is getting married in 2 weeks time and not at any point has she discussed it with me or invited me to the wedding (despite me inviting her and her family to mine) but I've never asked her about it or enquired about how the preparations are going. if she wanted me involved, she would have spoken to me about it. and that's just the way I like it. no point being nice with people if you don't actually like them enough to want to be nice with them.

ggrrrrrr rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

no G, still here, a day later :incazzato: it's all starting to grate on me now. i'm getting lots of the underlying little symptoms of heading towards labour, but none of the bigger symptoms have shown up just yet. midwife appointment tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a better idea of what's going on when I see her. there's only so much cleaning, washing and ironing I can take. i'm snoozing for about 2 hours during the day as I'm waking up all through the night, so hopefully I'm well rested, but I'm also trying to stay active - how does that work? :lol: I've even started baking again. I made a batch of fairy cakes last night because I was so bored. going to see what toppings I can put on them today :grin:

and the saga with my sister continues. I ignored her last email 4 days ago where she said that she was only taking an interest in me by asking me how I am. she emailed again last night, asking AGAIN how I am. so I let rip this morning. I asked her why she was so bothered now considering she hadn't been bothered about me during the last 8 months. no doubt she'll report all of this to our Mother and I'll get a phone call later asking me what's wrong. what's wrong is that people keep crawling out of the woodwork, taking an interest in my life just because I'm having a baby. they haven't been interested until now, so I find the whole thing very hypocritical. An old uni friend of mine is getting married in 2 weeks time and not at any point has she discussed it with me or invited me to the wedding (despite me inviting her and her family to mine) but I've never asked her about it or enquired about how the preparations are going. if she wanted me involved, she would have spoken to me about it. and that's just the way I like it. no point being nice with people if you don't actually like them enough to want to be nice with them.

ggrrrrrr rant over

Alrighty, :lol: I don't know what to say now... just relax I suppose, it will happen, have faith. I got pains for a good month before my son announced himself willing, he actually arrived on the due date but when he was born the midwife said it was obvious that he was overdue, he had dry skin and really long toe and finger nails, so maybe the conception date had been wrong. Babby will arrive eventually :) And decide on a song to sing to him and sing it, repeatedly, he can hear you, and after he is born adn he's upset, sing that same song, it will calm him down. That's your homework :)

Del W

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Song for the baby.Guns n roses .Sweet child of mine.That should clear the fliud out of the babys ears !!! When you have a pic of you and your baby,does it get posted on here or on the show us your work thread ?? :smilewinkgrin:

Best wishes. Del.

Reply to Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks