Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Awh, you're still here then - I was just wondering if today was the day... you're getting us all excited now!!!

no G, still here, a day later :incazzato: it's all starting to grate on me now. i'm getting lots of the underlying little symptoms of heading towards labour, but none of the bigger symptoms have shown up just yet. midwife appointment tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a better idea of what's going on when I see her. there's only so much cleaning, washing and ironing I can take. i'm snoozing for about 2 hours during the day as I'm waking up all through the night, so hopefully I'm well rested, but I'm also trying to stay active - how does that work? :lol: I've even started baking again. I made a batch of fairy cakes last night because I was so bored. going to see what toppings I can put on them today :grin:

and the saga with my sister continues. I ignored her last email 4 days ago where she said that she was only taking an interest in me by asking me how I am. she emailed again last night, asking AGAIN how I am. so I let rip this morning. I asked her why she was so bothered now considering she hadn't been bothered about me during the last 8 months. no doubt she'll report all of this to our Mother and I'll get a phone call later asking me what's wrong. what's wrong is that people keep crawling out of the woodwork, taking an interest in my life just because I'm having a baby. they haven't been interested until now, so I find the whole thing very hypocritical. An old uni friend of mine is getting married in 2 weeks time and not at any point has she discussed it with me or invited me to the wedding (despite me inviting her and her family to mine) but I've never asked her about it or enquired about how the preparations are going. if she wanted me involved, she would have spoken to me about it. and that's just the way I like it. no point being nice with people if you don't actually like them enough to want to be nice with them.

ggrrrrrr rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

no G, still here, a day later :incazzato: it's all starting to grate on me now. i'm getting lots of the underlying little symptoms of heading towards labour, but none of the bigger symptoms have shown up just yet. midwife appointment tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a better idea of what's going on when I see her. there's only so much cleaning, washing and ironing I can take. i'm snoozing for about 2 hours during the day as I'm waking up all through the night, so hopefully I'm well rested, but I'm also trying to stay active - how does that work? :lol: I've even started baking again. I made a batch of fairy cakes last night because I was so bored. going to see what toppings I can put on them today :grin:

and the saga with my sister continues. I ignored her last email 4 days ago where she said that she was only taking an interest in me by asking me how I am. she emailed again last night, asking AGAIN how I am. so I let rip this morning. I asked her why she was so bothered now considering she hadn't been bothered about me during the last 8 months. no doubt she'll report all of this to our Mother and I'll get a phone call later asking me what's wrong. what's wrong is that people keep crawling out of the woodwork, taking an interest in my life just because I'm having a baby. they haven't been interested until now, so I find the whole thing very hypocritical. An old uni friend of mine is getting married in 2 weeks time and not at any point has she discussed it with me or invited me to the wedding (despite me inviting her and her family to mine) but I've never asked her about it or enquired about how the preparations are going. if she wanted me involved, she would have spoken to me about it. and that's just the way I like it. no point being nice with people if you don't actually like them enough to want to be nice with them.

ggrrrrrr rant over

Alrighty, :lol: I don't know what to say now... just relax I suppose, it will happen, have faith. I got pains for a good month before my son announced himself willing, he actually arrived on the due date but when he was born the midwife said it was obvious that he was overdue, he had dry skin and really long toe and finger nails, so maybe the conception date had been wrong. Babby will arrive eventually :) And decide on a song to sing to him and sing it, repeatedly, he can hear you, and after he is born adn he's upset, sing that same song, it will calm him down. That's your homework :)

Del W

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Song for the baby.Guns n roses .Sweet child of mine.That should clear the fliud out of the babys ears !!! When you have a pic of you and your baby,does it get posted on here or on the show us your work thread ?? :smilewinkgrin:

Best wishes. Del.

D

Deleted member 9966

Song for the baby.Guns n roses .Sweet child of mine.That should clear the fliud out of the babys ears !!! When you have a pic of you and your baby,does it get posted on here or on the show us your work thread ?? :smilewinkgrin:

Best wishes. Del.

ah Del, now that is a good idea. see what I've been working on for 9 months :lol:

well after all my ranting and raving yesterday, I DID go into labour last night. contractions started just before 8pm and they gradually got worse and by 4am this morning they were 10 minutes apart. I rang the maternity unit at 5.30am, was down there at 6am and by 9.30am I was at home again because the contractions had stopped :incazzato: i'm now having contractions about once or twice an hour..... grumble grumble grrrr grrrr! but apparently that's how it can happen. starts off with the best intentions, tails off after a bit and then kicks in again. seen the midwife this afternoon and she says to get active and walk and she thinks the contractions will kick in again no problems. due date is tomorrow, so who knows.. Baby GRR might have arrived by then :grin:

U

user123

ah Del, now that is a good idea. see what I've been working on for 9 months :lol:

well after all my ranting and raving yesterday, I DID go into labour last night. contractions started just before 8pm and they gradually got worse and by 4am this morning they were 10 minutes apart. I rang the maternity unit at 5.30am, was down there at 6am and by 9.30am I was at home again because the contractions had stopped :incazzato: i'm now having contractions about once or twice an hour..... grumble grumble grrrr grrrr! but apparently that's how it can happen. starts off with the best intentions, tails off after a bit and then kicks in again. seen the midwife this afternoon and she says to get active and walk and she thinks the contractions will kick in again no problems. due date is tomorrow, so who knows.. Baby GRR might have arrived by then :grin:

Nice warm bath, good luck, not long now :)

Reply to Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen