Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Mitre cutting tips in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

penno

Doing a job on Monday and customer phoned me tonight, no longer wants trim around the windows wants it all mitred and will pay me the extra.
Looking for a few tips on doing the mitre, straight mitre cuts not a problem, just raise the piece on my electric cutter and whizz it through. However (and please bear with me, bit hard trying to explain it in words) what if i need to mitre a cut piece around a window, as in an L shape cut? Obviously i can throw the bottom bit of the L through the cut but if i want to mitre the other piece of the L it is impossible as the other bit will get in the way. Hope you understand what i mean.

D

DHTiling

hi penno mate. on tricky cuts like that just use a grinder to shape the back out.. and as you only see the tip of the tile it doesnt matter about the angle as long as the ends meet.......dave...

Last edited by a moderator:
P

penno

Yeah was thinking of that Dave or just holding the tile over the cutter and skimming it along. Had the electric cutter on the floor in the front room for the past hour with a piece of paper cut in a L shape showing the wife the problem :)

Ofc she just sat there rolling her eyes at me :)

D

DHTiling

pmsl ..you nutter........if you can tile skim to blade it is easier that way. you have more control than with grinder.....dave..

G

ged

hi penno i had to the same cut did the longest cut on elec wheel then had to do my short end with tile file did not take long and was perfect match
ged

B

BoTiley

Hi, if mitre-cutting tiles at the right-hand long end of a bath panel to go around the corner to the short end of the bath - will the tiles be really weak as they have been mitred and therefore liable to chipping?

Reply to Tile Mitre cutting tips in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen