Search the forum,

Discuss ** Tile Giant Trade Discount for TF Arms Members Only! ** in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

Not sure mate, post i presume, i've not asked then it will be a nice suprise for me whichever way it comes :lol::lol:

N

Nkayjay

Nath,

Is that for Mapegrip D1 or Mapestik D1?

It is the Mapestik.

The other every day products with the forum discount are:
Keraquick Grey 20kg
Keraquick White 20kg
Mapeker Rapid 20kg
Mapei Rapid 20kg
Mapegrip D2 (Blue lid) 15kg
Mapestik 15kg
Ultracolour 5kg in White/Cement Grey and Jasmine
Keracolour 5kg in White and Cement Grey
Chrome Tile Trims in both sizes
Contract Plastic Tile Trims in White/Cream/Grey and Black
Deep Plastic Tile Trims in White/Cream/Grey and Black

Hope this helps. All the stores should be aware of the offer to forum members now via the company news letter but if anyone does run into difficulty please pm or email me or ask the store to contact me. I appreciate its a bit of a bother to do all the form filling with getting this discount but we need to control it centrally just to make sure that only you guys get the discount and that stores are not giving it away to just anyone!

N

Nkayjay

I gave my details to Dan via an email which he said he would send onto nathan. Will info arrive in post or shall i still fill out online form?

If you have already sent it to Dan, dont worry, it has probably been set up. If you pm your name and postcode I can check for you. Your card usually takes about a week to arrive but once you are set up on the system then you can still use it straight away, just quote your name and post code in store and they should be able to find you.

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Have had trade card set up but cant beleive its only rapid set cement addys on offer and that Keraflex which is a great addy isnt! :mad2:

Not everyone likes the mapei rapid set due to there potlife of 20 mins is far too short and you end up mixing all day. However KF has a pot life of 8hrs and can be used on just about all subs with any tile, seems like Tile Giant could be loosing out on custom.

Anyone able to explain the reason behind this?

Thanks

Last edited:
M

Matt

Have had trade card set up but cant beleive its only rapid set cement addys on offer and that Keraflex which is a great addy isnt! :mad2:

Not everyone likes the mapei rapid set due to there potlife of 20 mins is far too short and you end up mixing all day. However KF has a pot life of 8hrs and can be used on just about all subs with any tile, seems like Tile Giant could be loosing out on custom.

Anyone able to explain the reason behind this?

Thanks

I can take a stab at the reason why, but it will be a pure guess and not official :lol:

I would imagine the products on the extra discount list are products TG as a company sell alot of. If Keraflex only sells well in a couple of stores, I don't think it would be added to the extra TF discount.

Just my guess :lol:

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
That sounds like it could be the reason for sure:prrr: Makes sense.

But its still dissapointing, guess ill have to speed up.

Cheers

D

dagger

I can take a stab at the reason why, but it will be a pure guess and not official :lol:

I would imagine the products on the extra discount list are products TG as a company sell alot of. If Keraflex only sells well in a couple of stores, I don't think it would be added to the extra TF discount.

Just my guess :lol:

i dont think keraflex sells in ONLY A COUPLE OF STORES!,
mapei is the fastest growing adhesive company in the world,
and no doubt tile giant make a good profit from the adhesives they supply your company!

not to mention that in my local tile giant there stuff seems to be your main adhesive supplier if not your only adhesive supplier!

but i do understand that this is the companys BREAD AND BUTTER!

and personally i think tile giant will overtake topps as they stock bal,
which in my opnion is a lesser product!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
and no doubt tile giant make a good profit from the adhesives they supply your company!

not to mention that in my local tile giant there stuff seems to be your main adhesive supplier if not your only adhesive supplier!

Mapei is the World's largest Manufacturer of building materials, full stop.

D

dagger

Mapei is the World's largest Manufacturer of building materials, full stop.

ageed dan, but was not going to go that far, but now you mention it,
they also have the most comprehensive product range of any company and have never made anyone redundant.. even in these hard times!:hurray:

M

Matt

I have no doubt that Keraflex is a popular addy. I have worked in two TG stores and neither of them sold any Keraflex. I am sure it sells well in some stores, but in TG as a whole, I imagine it doesn't sell particularly well

Just my guess and please don't take it as an official reply for TG as I honestly don't know how well it sells in other stores.

Reply to ** Tile Giant Trade Discount for TF Arms Members Only! ** in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen