Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Richard Edwards

timeless-john-albums-timeless-tiling-solutions-picture4172-mosaic-logos-commissions-undertaken.jpg

I spend time in doorways!

John - did you do this in one piece ?

R

Richard Edwards

These are my work in progress photos, The total area is 100m2 broken into 4 bays. I had the first area dry laid, which is a good job because as it turns out there has been a load of cutting to do. Anyway were getting there now. I will post more when we are getting towards the end of this corridor?!

Pebbs

Now thats a bit special - I presumme its a public area ?

R

Richard Edwards

i have a similar floor to lay (from original style) approx 10m2 in a hallway. any idea how long it would take? i thought a few days but my supplier thinks 2 to 2 1/2 weeks! floor has had slc so is nice 'n flat . :thumbsup:

I would allow about 5-7 days after prep work - including sealing and polishin coats

Show us some pics afterwards please

R

Richard Edwards

That is what I call special - It looks like your keen on Ditra mat on this work Lynn - Is this standard practice for you on these large marble floor designs.

I am correct in seeing this pic - is that a very large section of Cappaccino Marble outside the circle - and was all these sections cut with hp water and layed dry in Italy ?

Amazing

P

Pebbs

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I started working out this floor about 14 months ago, at that time I thought we were running with white, black, red and dark green. Then the client got his mind changed by the 'interior designer' and it resulted in these colour ways. Originally it was going to be fabricated in Italy, and then it got moved to China... :)mad2: I dont like Chinese production), but it was 65% cheaper than the Italian quote. Heres the sad bit, a lot of the marble was shipped from Italy in slab to China and then fabricated, this world has gone crazy. It was dry laid over there before being shipped, and what the photo doesnt show is the mistakes they have made. I was going through some of the pieces yesterday and noticed a lot of it had been rodded, which basically means something has broken along the way and its been pieced back together.
You have to ditra mat, and the substrate has to be as flat as a pancake or your looking at a disaster in the face. No one will ever see this floor, except the client and his family once its finished its private residential, everything in it is marble, including the 22 bathrooms! Thats life I guess!

Pebbs

R

Richard Edwards

Pebbs

Binkin' Nora 22 bathrooms - How big is the family exactly

If you cannot get the pieces to lay exactly flat - presummably you would hone it until it was - then polish it back then ?

L

leeroberts636

Wow as someone who is new to the tiling business I break out into a sweat if I have a splash back to do. At least looking at these pics I now know what I have to aspire to!

cheers for the pics great work

lee

P

Pebbs

Richard Theres only five of them going to be living there from what I've been told! I did turn a bit green with envy when I saw the drawings that include a spa room, private pool, sauna, and to top it off......grrrrrrhhhhh a private hair and nails salon!

You got it in one, its all got to be spun up and polished, the whole area!

Pebbs

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Really outstanding work on here. It's nice to see some passionate tiling going on! A hard act to follow but i tiled what i think is an unusual shower tray this week and thought i would share it with you all. The jury is still out on whether its just a bit wierd, but let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Unusual shower tray.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 266
T

Time's Ran Out

John - did you do this in one piece ?

Almost! - the template is made for the full area and loose pieces just for any on site 'filling in'.
Changed the method of fixing on the last one - put the border in first then the centre 'panel' - and its taking far too long to complete with site visits/access.
Its like the wheel - why reinvent when it works!

D

DHTiling

Really outstanding work on here. It's nice to see some passionate tiling going on! A hard act to follow but i tiled what i think is an unusual shower tray this week and thought i would share it with you all. The jury is still out on whether its just a bit wierd, but let me know what you think!

looks nice.. so is there a curved screen for that..?

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks