Search the forum,

Discuss The Best Outdoor Adhesive? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sporty

Hi there

I'm going to need an outdoor adhesive that is going to hold down small marble tiles in a patio area. The marble tiles will be laid on a cement screed.

Best options for an adhesive, please? It's obviously got to withstand the weather.....

Cheers
Simon

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
What adhesive brands are in your suppliers ?

The majority of cement adhesives are frost resistant and solid bedding is a must.

Has the patio got the correct ratio of falls for its size ?

S

Sporty

Hi guys

That's the adhesive I need then is it Tom?

The only place I know of is Topstiles. That's the go to tile shop that I know of....Dave

As for falls, there is a. Slight one heading towards the gully. I screeded a four and one mix in the patio area, ready for my marble. I did that last summer so obviously, apart from a sheet, is open to the elements for the winter. It looks to be holding up ok, even though it's permanytely wet!

Si

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

ok the best would have been to lay it into the wet screed but even then you are taking a big risk laying marble out side in the uk you could not be using a worse tile .it will take in water crack and faid in no time the question you should be asking how can i seal this against the uk weather.the faiding you cant .but the water ingress you stand a chance very little over time .you need to tell them that marble is not for out side use in the uk

Reply to The Best Outdoor Adhesive? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen