Search the forum,

Discuss sWe's Tiling Tips - How to Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SnipSnap

Thanks Marcus, for a well wirtten lesson on primers.
This will (hopefully) be picked up buy - not only - by a newcomer tiler but also by many DIYers looking for awnsers.:thumbsup:

Regards,
Franco

H

handyrabbit

brilliant! thnx sWe! i had to save this to desktop for future reference if that ok!!

cheers again!
:hurray::hurray:

G

Gazebo

Excellent information, this makes things alot clearer, i will be watching for any new threads you post, many thanks (newbie ish tiler):thumbsup:

L

LJB Tiling

Know this: mixing by hand is pretty useless unless it's a really small batch. Those who say you can't get a proper result using an electrical mixer, probably used a regular high-RPM drill and some cheap paddle, instead of a proper low-RPM mortar mixer and a proper grout paddle.

In fact, you're more likely to get a bad result when you mix by hand, than you are when using a proper mixer. The grout is supposed to be completely homogenous, and there can't be any lumps. By using a proper grout paddle and a low-RPM mortar mixer, you'll avoid mixing air into it.

Im trying to find something for this application rather than using my lovely new dewalt, any suggestions of where i can get a decent mixer and paddle for my grout?

Cheers

Reply to sWe's Tiling Tips - How to Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen