Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. Schluter and U

Discuss Shower tray installation in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Tony Griffin

Tony Griffin Active Member

After some advice. I've scoured different sites looking for the right way and there seems to be so many different ways to do this.

I have a shower tray to install against stud walls with cement board fixed to it.

What is the right or best way to seal the tray in properly? I've seen videos where the tray has been pushed into the corner against the cement boarded walls, a no more leaks product applied around the edge then tiled and siliconed.

I know l have to water proof the wall with mesh and liquid applied waterproofing membrane, but it just the tray edges l'm kind of pulling my hair out over.

Any advice and tips much appreciated. Thanks

2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Personally I use FT101 sealant for this purpose. Its a high grab, flexible, waterproof and paintable sealant so the tanking takes to it.

Marmox make a similar Marmox sealant product which @Tile Fix Direct@Tile Fix Direct sell

• Like Like x 1
  3. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

For me I would water proof the wall first to the floor, then fit the tray and silicone it well to the wall. Or use something better if you like such as ct1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Schlüter-Systems Ltd

Schlüter-Systems Ltd TF Official Sponsor

Hi Tony,

This sounds like a job for our KERDI waterproofing system.

We have a product called KERDI-TS which is a kit specifically for sealing the edge of bathtubs and shower trays. Schlüter®-KERDI-TS | Function | Schlüter-Systems - https://www.schluter.co.uk/schlueter-kerdi-ts.aspx

Here is an installation video:

Any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Georgia

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tony Griffin

Tony Griffin Active Member

Thank you, l'll take a look