Search the forum,

Discuss Should we stay clear of B&Q tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DEN

I have heard a lot of bad things about b+q tiles especially the problems with differing sizes,in your opinion would you preferrably stay clear of places like b+q for your tiling requirements,cheers
DEN

E

enduro

Re: Should we stay clear of b+q tiles

B & Q tiles are very good if you run out of biscuits, as the go soft when you dunk them in your tea :thumbsup:

Reaction score

I've only had one job where the tiles differed in size, it was enough to say...never again...Mark

R

reaper72

B&Q tiles are the dogs ********......a load of p*ss:lol:

C

chille

Ive never had a problem with them there fine

you may never have had a problem with them, but they are a million miles away from being fine, more like cheap and nasty. Poor glazing, inconsistant sizing, colour continuity isn't even worth considering, end of line tosh.

Wouldn't want them in my garage let alone bathroom. The old saying is always true "buy cheap, but twice"

If you can't afford decent tiles then emulsion and save up :hurray:

H

howard

you may never have had a problem with them, but they are a million miles away from being fine, more like cheap and nasty. Poor glazing, inconsistant sizing, colour continuity isn't even worth considering, end of line tosh.

Wouldn't want them in my garage let alone bathroom. The old saying is always true "buy cheap, but twice"

If you can't afford decent tiles then emulsion and save up :hurray:
what so all there tiles are crap why do they sell so many

T

tysfoot

i like tiles from B&Q, i tell my customers to go there, just as good as topps and cheaper. never had a problem.
I think Topps is a rip off unless you have a trade account

D

DHTiling

They sell so many because they are cheap and joe public wants to buy cheaper products to save money...but it is us fixers that have to install these inferior quality products....i have been fixing B&Q tiles all this week and they were a nightmare..some tiles were 2 to 3 mm difference in sizes and to top it off B&Q gave the customer several different colour batches....But got there in the end , but did slow things down...... so if you do get a job where certain B&Q tiles have been supplied then take your time and check the tiles first for colour shading and sizing...........

W

Woody123

Dave,

If the customer did buy B + Q Tiles and lets say they were differing sizes. As a fixer how would you combat this to make the job a gud un? Would you maybe have slightly bigger grout lines than normal? or is it a case of "well i will see what i can do!":lol:

Reply to Should we stay clear of B&Q tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen