Search the forum,

Discuss Set Out Thoughts- again! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Good Evening All.

Firstly apologies for the quality of the pics and for some crazy reason I initially posted this in For Sale and Wanted.

I have 2 set out options on the 3 bi folding doors.

1 - Centre wall to wall and it centres on the 3 bi folding doors but bare in mind to the side of the 5 bi folding doors the wall is 1m long so you do not really notice you have balanced between the walls.

2 - Centre between the wall and the 5 door bi folding this does off centre on the 3 door but with the 5 bi door been 5.5m long it does give an illusion that the floor is equally centred as the 5 door gives the impression it is the wall.

The entrance door is in a corner facing the 3 door.

Tile size 600x600 straight format.

The bi doors look into the garden.

Opposite the 3 door is to be a huge wall hung TV so there will be a sofa in the centre.

Hopes this makes sense.

Cheers.

Kevin

Nick.jpg Nick 2.jpg

K

kaharrison9

Yes I'm edging towards that but in a bare room that leaves a 38cm wall cut and on the 5 door a 53cm cut so feels unbalanced.

Once with furniture may not be as apparent, its a true 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Cheers though Gary.

Reason Whitebeam is foolishly I first put it For Sale/Wanted then rewrote in the correct place but for some reason on my computer that was not showing so then re submitted.

Have you any thought on my dilemma Whitebeam ?

J

Just Rizzle

to me you need to look were the focal point of the room is . to me its the center of the 5 bifold doors. dry lay a few from there and see what your cuts are, what is the floor is it a anhidrite it looks abit white

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

weres the point of entry when you first walk in to the room as they are going to be the points your eyes follow and what windows line up with them thats were i would work from

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
,centre the 5 bi folds kevin, that's what I'd do,your making problems what ain't there to me, just throw em down, grout em and move on ;)

K

kaharrison9

The 5 doors happen to set out centred and gives equal cuts.

The dilemma is the 3 bi door as when I centre between the 3 doors I get equal cuts on the left and right wall. The problem is there is only 1.5m of the right wall as the 5 bi doors take up virtually the whole length but there recessed by 150mm.

so centre on the 3 doors gives 38cm on the left wall but a 54 cm cut on the recessed 5 door creating a off centre illusion.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
^ then centre the 5 bi folds kevin ,no way of winning ,you have to go with what looks best .
You could ask the client , but I always,ALWAYS Get ' well your the tiler ' [emoji15] "well actually mate, I'm a plasterer [emoji8]"

Reply to Set Out Thoughts- again! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen