Search the forum,

Discuss Set Out Thoughts- again! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Good Evening All.

Firstly apologies for the quality of the pics and for some crazy reason I initially posted this in For Sale and Wanted.

I have 2 set out options on the 3 bi folding doors.

1 - Centre wall to wall and it centres on the 3 bi folding doors but bare in mind to the side of the 5 bi folding doors the wall is 1m long so you do not really notice you have balanced between the walls.

2 - Centre between the wall and the 5 door bi folding this does off centre on the 3 door but with the 5 bi door been 5.5m long it does give an illusion that the floor is equally centred as the 5 door gives the impression it is the wall.

The entrance door is in a corner facing the 3 door.

Tile size 600x600 straight format.

The bi doors look into the garden.

Opposite the 3 door is to be a huge wall hung TV so there will be a sofa in the centre.

Hopes this makes sense.

Cheers.

Kevin

Nick.jpg Nick 2.jpg

K

kaharrison9

Yes I'm edging towards that but in a bare room that leaves a 38cm wall cut and on the 5 door a 53cm cut so feels unbalanced.

Once with furniture may not be as apparent, its a true 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Cheers though Gary.

Reason Whitebeam is foolishly I first put it For Sale/Wanted then rewrote in the correct place but for some reason on my computer that was not showing so then re submitted.

Have you any thought on my dilemma Whitebeam ?

K

kaharrison9

The 5 doors happen to set out centred and gives equal cuts.

The dilemma is the 3 bi door as when I centre between the 3 doors I get equal cuts on the left and right wall. The problem is there is only 1.5m of the right wall as the 5 bi doors take up virtually the whole length but there recessed by 150mm.

so centre on the 3 doors gives 38cm on the left wall but a 54 cm cut on the recessed 5 door creating a off centre illusion.

Reply to Set Out Thoughts- again! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement