Search the forum,

Discuss Review : Sigma 3bk tile cutter. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Whats the problem ?

Just some cuts tailing off and a couple of cuts that have chunks come off under the breaker, only used it on an 800x800 so far so not really enough to work out if it's the tile or my method, really need to do a bit more of a variety of tiles and also try a few different techniques. 90% of the time it's fine but, I'm struggling a bit with it at the mo. I will persevere!

P

Peter

Good review Dave :hurray:

The 90cm is quite a beast for your first Sigma Bri, especially if you were learning on an 800 tile. Best trying with 300s and 600s first to develop your technique as one thing about the Sigma is that it's only effective if you're using it the right way. A lot of tiles react different so you learn what sort of pressure/height/break it needs. Dunno how the TX compares in that regard.

Interesting that you seem to cut with the "big cut" to the right Dave. It's in the Sigma Unwritten Rule Book to keep the big bit to the left. No idea why, think it's from the previous style diagonal machines where you had a full bed on the left and a smaller bed on the right.

Reply to Review : Sigma 3bk tile cutter. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.