Search the forum,

Discuss Recommended thickness for 600mm x 400mm travertine tiles for outdoor use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

the size of the notches on your trowel determines the thickness of your adhesive bed:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Because the body of travertine is quite holed , even a top quality trav has these but in smaller size compared to lower grade , these can retain water and in the winter months these pockets of water freeze , this then expands and can crack thinner stone.

You can buy 38mm trav which is specifically for exterior use.

With it being a thicker material it is less likely to succumb to such stresses.

Hope that helps.

M

Mike

Because the body of travertine is quite holed , even a top quality trav has these but in smaller size compared to lower grade , these can retain water and in the winter months these pockets of water freeze , this then expands and can crack thinner stone.

You can buy 38mm trav which is specifically for exterior use.

With it being a thicker material it is less likely to succumb to such stresses.

Hope that helps.
isn't it too cold this time of year for exterior laying dave?

M

Mike

As you're usually razor Sharp Dave I thought you'd nave picked up on that lol, it was early in the morning though :)

tapatalk on my HTC

Reply to Recommended thickness for 600mm x 400mm travertine tiles for outdoor use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Small quantity of 20 x 31.6 in white required to replace broken tiles.
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen