Search the forum,

Discuss Question On Black Floor Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Carts69

In bays sounds a bit more in my league, how would this be best undertaken, say a square metre at a time, would I stick batterns with instant grab to the floor & simply pour it in, is that the general idea?

S

StevieBoy

In bays sounds a bit more in my league, how would this be best undertaken, say a square metre at a time, would I stick batterns with instant grab to the floor & simply pour it in, is that the general idea?
What a load of mucking about - just prime it with SBR and tile it as I said before.

C

Carts69

I appreciate all answers but Stevieboy... Can you back up your theory to be successful 12 months down the line, have you dealt with this exact issue on a regular basis & can vouch for 100 per cent success, if so... I would take this approach hands down?

S

StevieBoy

I appreciate all answers but Stevieboy... Can you back up your theory to be successful 12 months down the line, have you dealt with this exact issue on a regular basis & can vouch for 100 per cent success, if so... I would take this approach hands down?
Nothing is ever 100%, all I can say is I've laid dozens and dozens and never had a failure.

I wouldn't suggest it otherwise, as I genuinely wouldn't want anyone to encounter problems.

If it's prepped correctly as I have suggested you will be fine.

C

Carts69

Ok... I suppose as the floor is pretty level the slc method is not essential, I have today started to give the floor a slurry coat of SBR & rapid set adhesive, I suppose it best to complete the rest of the floor & tile onto that!

Reply to Question On Black Floor Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen