Search the forum,

Discuss Question On Black Floor Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Carts69

Hi, I have just removed cork tiles from my concrete kitchen floor, I'm now left with a black tar like adhesive, even though this is applied thinly, it's a total nightmare to remove, I aim to tile this area with ceramic tiles, now I've heard that a slurry application is the way forward, my question is...can I slurry straight over this black adhesive or do I need to scrape away & get most of it off?

C

Carts69

Another question guys... What trowel & what thickness of adhesive for 450 X 450 tiles please?

C

Carts69

The floor is pretty flat, although one end of the kitchen has a crack running across the floor, around 500 long, the other side of the crack is around 300 wide, this area has lifted a little, I have a rock on the spirit level.
The area is still solid, I'm just wondering if this could be my starting point, making up differences in slight levels with the adhesive?

C

Carts69

The crack stretches 800 long X 300

image.jpg

Reply to Question On Black Floor Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen