Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
T

Tile Shop

Customer complaint.... Adhesive faulty apparently (Our own brand, made by palace). Not stuck to the tongue and groove chip-board!!! Wonder why??????
IMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0341.JPG

T

Tile Shop

Apparently this tiler thought this was an acceptable way to leave a customers bathroom.

When she complained to him, he said it was a problem with the tile as it wasn't flat (I know, I laughed too) and wasn't his fault the grout was stuck to the face. He never came back to clean it, but she still gave in and paid him the full amount.

LTP Grout Stain Remover and White E-Pad sent, SORTED!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tile Shop

Builder forks out to do it again i suppose, but waiting to hear back from them. He tried saying the tiles were out of shape. We checked. As far as Terracotta goes, they're almost perfect. actually better than alot of ceramics i've seen.

Customer has said that the floor was never levelled after the previous ones were "Kango'd" up. I've asked her to send some more pictures when they get lifted

Bless 'em.

O

Old Mod

Builder forks out to do it again i suppose, but waiting to hear back from them. He tried saying the tiles were out of shape. We checked. As far as Terracotta goes, they're almost perfect. actually better than alot of ceramics i've seen.

Customer has said that the floor was never levelled after the previous ones were "Kango'd" up. I've asked her to send some more pictures when they get lifted

Bless 'em.

Haha what a mess!
Oh that hall of shame is in the Arms!
Have to see if there's one for the public.
If not, there should be! Haha
Legal issues to be considered obviously!:D

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.