Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tiler Blackpool

How thick was the ply.. ? .. and looking at those pics , there appears to be very little fixings :lol:

Well...on the plus side the ply was 15mm and it was actually screwed down at every 300mm so the substrate was fine! I originally priced for taking the tiles and whatever the existing substrate was up and replacing with backerboard but didnt need to in the end.

Reaction score
D

DHTiling

Well...on the plus side the ply was 15mm and it was actually screwed down at every 300mm so the substrate was fine! I originally priced for taking the tiles and whatever the existing substrate was up and replacing with backerboard but didnt need to in the end.

Gotta love those " 5 spotters..." quite a common breed of person you know :)

M

mattle40

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370772668.528185.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370772688.903966.jpg
The joiner was still there when I took these (I was pricing for the bathroom, this is the new £12k kitchen) I even tried to humour him when asking what happened in the doorway as the rest wasn't too bad.
He said "I had to fiddle the joints to make it work" I nearly spat my crisps out of my nose!

M

Mr T

this is why I will always centre doorways even tho this has been handled terribly poor because the tiles are not centre it looks shoddy

M

Mr T

Well you can either center the tile or centre the grout joint cant ya so I would always do it... Unless it causes slithers around the room and being off cant be avoided I just think doorways look 10 times better centred

M

Mr T

Well if theres 3 doorways you have to sacrifice 2 and centre one... Unless it actually went smoothly enought to centre them all lol

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks