Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Public Thread!: Poor tile Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

with a door way i always like to see a full tile when when i walk in to a room with 3 door ways i would take the main entrance grid out the floor from there to tile bays to work out the best balance for the room and door ways

M

Mr T

thats my prefference Dave... I would rather see a centred line from the doorway to the back wall and to me tile is about making an impact as the customer comes in the room

AliGage

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Who walks into a room looking at their feet??

Yes sometime/a lot of times its nice to walk into a centred layout from the door. But what if its got a WC opposite? Or another feature to the room. As Neal said. No two jobs are the same.

Last edited:
M

Mr T

No two jobs are the same mate haha... so say if your doing a bathroom floor... I know that no jobs are the same but what would you say you centre up to most of the time? Is it the room or And Object in the room... Or a doorway?

I

ianflem

Poor workman ship ! This is one of the worst I've seen..... 20130613_125824.jpg 20130613_131958.jpg 20130613_132005.jpg 20130613_132019.jpg 20130613_132026.jpg 20130613_132042.jpg 20130613_132051.jpg This was a frontage to a museum that has been converted into flats. Steps have been off square so ply has been dot dabbed to square off then tiles dot dabbed onto ply !!!
Residents are now left to foot bill between them....I was asked if the loose tiles could be re seated pml..:incazzato: Builders :mad2:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Top quality work, why did they ever think that was going to work. It probably started to fail 1st time it rained or once the cheque had cleared. :incazzato:

D

DHTiling

Poor workman ship ! This is one of the worst I've seen..... View attachment 52485 View attachment 52486 View attachment 52487 View attachment 52488 View attachment 52489 View attachment 52490 View attachment 52491 This was a frontage to a museum that has been converted into flats. Steps have been off square so ply has been dot dabbed to square off then tiles dot dabbed onto ply !!!
Residents are now left to foot bill between them....I was asked if the loose tiles could be re seated pml..:incazzato: Builders :mad2:

Holy cow... that is as ruff as it gets..

merit

TF
Reaction score
it was garunteed till as long as you could see the name on the van dissapear in the distance, thats got to be the worst yet

W

White Room

Surprised somethink did'nt give way when they were walking down the steps, lawyers for you would have made a fortune.

O

One Day

I'll bet they dealt with the cheapest bidder though.
Always seems the same - take the cheapest quote and cry afterwards.

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock