Discuss Project Sigma 9P in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

Always liked the idea of restoration of vehicles and dabbled a while ago with a BMW 1000. Thats long gone but I was wanting something to tinker with over the winter and then I saw a Sigma 9P on Ebay . It was a year 2000 model so quite old but made a bid and I won it for less tan I intended to go.
Anyway it arrived today and after stripping it down and making a list of parts needed, splash guard and knife , also the water bath. .... Its not in bad condition at all and I would say its done very little work. I have started it up and the motor is a lot quieter than a Plasplugs cutter I have and quieter than the Dewalt.
Not sure how far I will go with the rebuild yet but it will be used as it should.
Pics to follow :thumbsup:

I

Ian

Always liked the idea of restoration of vehicles and dabbled a while ago with a BMW 1000. Thats long gone but I was wanting something to tinker with over the winter and then I saw a Sigma 9P on Ebay . It was a year 2000 model so quite old but made a bid and I won it for less tan I intended to go.
Anyway it arrived today and after stripping it down and making a list of parts needed, splash guard and knife , also the water bath. .... Its not in bad condition at all and I would say its done very little work. I have started it up and the motor is a lot quieter than a Plasplugs cutter I have and quieter than the Dewalt.
Not sure how far I will go with the rebuild yet but it will be used as it should.
Pics to follow :thumbsup:

I was watching that, resisted the temptation to bid! Look forward to the pics.

G

Gazzer

I was watching that, resisted the temptation to bid! Look forward to the pics.

Its a shame that there are the few parts missing but he wasnt lying when he said most of the dirt was only dust, even what adhesive was on there has come off clean.

I

Ian

What did you get it for in the end Neale? I deleted it from my watched list so can't look.

D

DHTiling

Best buy you will ever make :) , coupled with a 86c blade and it will see you to retirement

G

Gazzer

He had installed a wood blade but little evidence that it had been used like that for any kind of period.

G

Gazzer

After stripping the cutter down , I am in 2 minds whether to respray or leave as it is as there is little wrong with the paint apart from a few areas. Its going to be a working tool so I think I will leave it, clean as best as I can and rebuild it.

I

Ian

If you're doing a full refurb, you need to paint it. Get the paint code from Derek, you know it makes sense :)

G

Gazzer

The problem is that it wont ever be perfect as they have changed the model at least twice and as I have the old model, parts are not as easy to get so I am told. Anyway I estimate the paint is 99.5% ok

I

Ian

The problem is that it wont ever be perfect as they have changed the model at least twice and as I have the old model, parts are not as easy to get so I am told. Anyway I estimate the paint is 99.5% ok

Ahh fair enough. Probably not worth bothering with if it's still that good, I was thinking it was a bit rusty and flakey.

Reply to Project Sigma 9P in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks