Search the forum,

Discuss preventing crazing in application in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have some Talavera tiles that I want to use, but they have a reputation for crazing after application. I have found lots of info from the ceramics industry on how to prevent it when making the tiles, but none on how to prevent uncrazed finished tiles from crazing when they are set in thinset.

These tiles are orange and super absorbent from what I'm told. Is there any steps I can take to help prevent them from crazing during the drying of the thinset. Perhaps soaking them in water right before setting? Any other ideas?

D

Dumbo

Why take the risk in using them. But if you have to test them in different scenario' s. Rapid set , slow set, soaking and not soaking ,use a two part adhesive as opposed to a single part with water .

Reply to preventing crazing in application in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen