Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss preventing crazing in application in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. roundrightfarm

roundrightfarm Active Member

I have some Talavera tiles that I want to use, but they have a reputation for crazing after application. I have found lots of info from the ceramics industry on how to prevent it when making the tiles, but none on how to prevent uncrazed finished tiles from crazing when they are set in thinset.

These tiles are orange and super absorbent from what I'm told. Is there any steps I can take to help prevent them from crazing during the drying of the thinset. Perhaps soaking them in water right before setting? Any other ideas?

2. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

Why take the risk in using them. But if you have to test them in different scenario' s. Rapid set , slow set, soaking and not soaking ,use a two part adhesive as opposed to a single part with water .

Find a Tiler Post a Job Tile Events Tile Pics Blog Adhesive Poll Handy Downloads