Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Continuous Rim Diamond Blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

Got one of the pro gress but doing some porcel-thin and find it gives me some very minor chipping....

You're not the first person to report chipping in porcel-thin we're interested to see if there is a solution in blade design with this particular material.

We know that a "turbo" design makes the chipping worse, it doesn't seem to matter if it's our turbo blade, the Marcrist CK850 or the montolit DNA. None of them left a particularly acceptable finish.

So continuous rim is a step in the right direction with whoever's design you go for.

Anyhow, all feedback on this is good feedback and I'm wondering if there is something in the way that porcel thin is produced that makes it more prone to minor chipping.

W

White Room

You're not the first person to report chipping in porcel-thin we're interested to see if there is a solution in blade design with this particular material.

We know that a "turbo" design makes the chipping worse, it doesn't seem to matter if it's our turbo blade, the Marcrist CK850 or the montolit DNA. None of them left a particularly acceptable finish.

So continuous rim is a step in the right direction with whoever's design you go for.

Anyhow, all feedback on this is good feedback and I'm wondering if there is something in the way that porcel thin is produced that makes it more prone to minor chipping.

Thats why I was looking for a continuous rim to see how it worked out, I'll order one from your site Alan and the Vacuum brazed one for small amounts of smoothing out. [MENTION=37954]ATSDiamondTools[/MENTION]

C

Concrete guy

Thats why I was looking for a continuous rim to see how it worked out, I'll order one from your site Alan and the Vacuum brazed one for small amounts of smoothing out. @ATSDiamondTools

Not sure I'd use the VB blade in porcel thin, I have a feeling that may increase chipping. It's more suited to soft friable material like marble, travertine, fibreglass, plastics that sort of thing. But I've been wrong before.

Think of the VB blade as a "filing" action rather than traditional cutting.

W

White Room

I'll give the continuous blade a try and let you know how I get on Alan [MENTION=37954]ATSDiamondTools[/MENTION]

C

Concrete guy

Email me your details and I'll send you a con rim and VB blade to test at 115mm on Porcel thin. I'm interested how they perform on a grinder in porcel thin.

We've generally only sold the larger sizes for this use on rail saws.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

m3fitter

I still have an ATS blade ( NOT SURE WHICH MODEL ? ) on an old Norton wet cutter, still perfect... unreal... thanks Al ;-)

Reply to Porcelain Continuous Rim Diamond Blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen